PDA

View Full Version : child at pre-school

nb73
08-03-2011, 09:18 AM
i know this thread has been covered, but if you take on a child that is at pre-school, would what you charge if you are the emergency contact, as you won't be able to fill the space whilst the child is at pre-school. Fair enough if the parent is the emergency contact, as you wouldn't charge. Many thanks!

cs01
08-03-2011, 09:34 AM
I don't currently have any mindees at preschool but I gather that it is appropriate to charge full fee as the parents are paying for a space in your setting. It is unlikely you would be able to fill that space with another child, for that short period of time. The space is then kept open for school holidays, inset days, polling station days etc when the preschool is not open.

I know some minders accept 1/2 fee (50% retainer) and I suppose if you are able to fill the space with another child then no fee.

Mouse
08-03-2011, 09:34 AM
If I drop a child at pre-school and collect them again later, then I charge for the time they are there. The space is then available for use during the holidays/inset days/unexpected closure as well.

The same if parents drop off or collect. If they're going to need the space during holidays they need to be paying for it all year round.

I'm wary of saying I'll be the emergency contact - what does that mean to parents? Most would think it means you will collect the child if they are ill, but we shouldn't be having the children if they are unwell. I prefer to explain it that parents are paying to keep the space open for when pre-school is closed :thumbsup:

donnam
08-03-2011, 10:13 AM
If i am dropping off and collecting then i still charge full fee

rainbowsplash
09-03-2011, 08:07 PM
my new mindee is at pre school and mum wants fulltime care in holidays so I am charging full fee for nursery hours. Mum is happy as then she knows holidays and teacher training days are covered if she has to work

onceinabluemoon
09-03-2011, 08:14 PM
I charge full fee when at preschool too.

JOANNE
10-03-2011, 10:25 AM
I charge full fee when they are at pre-school too, its not compulsory to send them plus like it has already been mentioned, you cannot fill that space- none of my parents have had a problem with it.

Ripeberry
10-03-2011, 01:26 PM
So I suppose if you only offer term-time only, then if you have a pre-school child there is no charge for the time they are there as you can't offer holiday care, but maybe only INSET days?
I just tell them that IF the pre-school was closed then I would charge the full amount for the extra time they were at my house.

buildingblocks
11-03-2011, 10:58 PM
i know this thread has been covered, but if you take on a child that is at pre-school, would what you charge if you are the emergency contact, as you won't be able to fill the space whilst the child is at pre-school. Fair enough if the parent is the emergency contact, as you wouldn't charge. Many thanks!

Full fee if I drop off and pick up as I am responsible.

Just as an aside to this in case anyone didn't know - you need to sign the child in and out of your setting or show on your register that they are not in your setting hope that makes sense. I know of someone who was picked up on this