PDA

View Full Version : parental responsibility

alwaysright
07-03-2011, 02:45 PM
hi all
does anyone know do all parents have to sign the parental responsibility forms or is one enough?? all mine just have one signature as one one parent of each child usually collects as the others are at work, dont like giving forms to take home cos i never see them again!!:laughing:

sarah707
07-03-2011, 06:13 PM
I know it's the same here I hardly ever get things back if they go home! :rolleyes:

I ask both parents to sign if they are here with their child or if they collect their child regularly.

Otherwise I find one takes responsibility and signs for them both - the one who pays the bill is the best to get to sign :D

alwaysright
07-03-2011, 06:59 PM
thanks for that sarah, i currently just have one signature on them all and didnt know whether this was sufficient or not....i'm sure if its ok mrs o will find something else i'm doing wrong:eek:

Daftbat
07-03-2011, 07:22 PM
I thought that you needed to get the signatures of ALL the people who have parental responsibility or else what's the point?

rickysmiths
07-03-2011, 07:33 PM
I thought that you needed to get the signatures of ALL the people who have parental responsibility or else what's the point?

Yes so did I. I always get both parents to come and sign Contracts together anyway. The only ones I have not got signed by both is Single parents, but it is noted that the father has PR because he is on the birth cert.

sarah707
07-03-2011, 07:57 PM
This is my understanding as it was explained to me...

The person with PR might live in a different country or not be resident with the parent the child lives with - or might be in prison or re-married or have a history of violence towards the child or the child's resident parent. The person with PR might not even be known to the child having left their life when they were small.

The most important thing is that if you haven't met them you don't let the child go out of your care with them without the resident parents' say so because they are a stranger to you... and your safeguarding / child protection policy says that you don't let children leave with anyone not known to you.

That is what I understand as the major reason why we are told to ask for PR details.

:D