PDA

View Full Version : INVOICES

mummyme
07-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Hi all,

I find this site so useful but the more I read, the more questions I come up with!!!:laughing:

Can anybody tell me if it is a requirement to invoice parents. Friday was my first pay day, the mum (lovely, lovely lady) text me with the amount she thought she owed to check it was right on the Thursday (she was spot on) and gave me the money Friday evening when she picked up. I have written the amount down in my accounts book to show that she has paid.

Is this ok?

Thanks again to you wonderful childminders for all the help I am receiving :)

singlewiththree
07-03-2011, 01:59 PM
It isn't a requirement to do an invoice, but if the hours/days change regularly sometimes its easier for you both. As long as you record how much is paid and the hours they attend then you are fine.

for ofsted you need the contracted hours and the actual hours attended

rickysmiths
07-03-2011, 02:43 PM
I never invoice and never have. I note down any extra hours which I find I have very few and I expect my parents to pay me on the first Monday of every month or weekly if that is what we have agreed.

mummyme
07-03-2011, 05:56 PM
thanks everyone :)

Andrea08
07-03-2011, 06:19 PM
i give parents invoices think x3 months per A4 so they can see fees in advance esp when there are 5wks to a month or bank hols etc
copy for parents and one for me if they need i sign theirs when i get paid..

it saves been asked on d spot and getting mixed up ....

i started because of one parent and found by doing it for families no1 knows which one hasnt paid on tiime :p