PDA

View Full Version : anyone had this before?

chatterbox123
03-03-2011, 07:02 PM
im new to this site, so still learning. i registerd in sept 10, was looking after a little girl age 14mths. we moved just after christmas, jan 8th to be presice, and childs mum was supportive and happy because we were nearer to her, anyway, contacted ofsted to change my address, and have been told i cant childmind until i get my cert with my new address......mum was ok with this, her mum helped out with childcare....8 weeks later, i'm still waiting!!!:angry: i've contacted OFSTED 6 times so far and have been told it could take this long, as you can imagine, i've had to terminate my contract with my md. and the bills are piling up!!!!..... anyone had this before?:(

Zoomie
05-03-2011, 03:41 PM
hi and welcome.

have heard of this, but the amount of time you have had to wait is terrible.

have you done RAs on your new premises, as i believe this might speed things up.

not familiar about how long new registrations take (from submitting to house inspection) but it might be based on a similiar procedure ???

hope you get sorted quickly.

Carol M
05-03-2011, 05:24 PM
That is terrible!
I don't understand why it is taking so long. I would be phoning daily. It seems very unprofessional of Ofsted to cause this to happen to you, surely it doesn't take that long to issue a cert.I don't know the procedure for this process but come on, that timescale is appalling.
Carol xx

singingcactus
05-03-2011, 05:53 PM
Each time I've moved I've mailed them a written letter of explanation for the change, a bunch of risk assessments and a floor plan. I mailed it to this address last time: PO Box 4317, manchester, M61 0AW and the chap called me a day later to confirm I was who I said I was and told me the certificate was in the mail.
I tried emailing and calling for this move, and it didn't work out so I wrote and snail mailed the lot and it happened within a couple of days.

chatterbox123
05-03-2011, 06:05 PM
Thank you guys for your replies,
I've sent my risk assessments twice in the post now, first one app didn't get there and the second they claimed they recieved two weeks ago, and are trying to get hold of someone to sort this out. they did say on the phone yesterday that they don':huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :panic: :huh: t just change details on certs just because i called them on the phone, which is fair enough, but for them to not even contact me from the first moment i called them, is unbelievable, usually we dont want a visit from them, but i cant wait for them to turn up so I can carry on and earn a living!!

Goatgirl
05-03-2011, 06:29 PM
:eek: I'm just horrified at this; its appalling. How do they get away with it? Who inspects Ofsted?!! :rolleyes:

Poor you, so sorry this has happened :angry:

Hope it comes soon,
bws, Wendy :)

Mollymop
05-03-2011, 07:44 PM
oh I am mad for you too!! What exactly do we pay annually to Ofsted for?!! I would be asking for my money back the damn cheek!

nicoleon
06-03-2011, 12:48 PM
that is terrible! i hope it will get sorted soon so you can start earning again, it must be really stressful for you x

chatterbox123
10-03-2011, 05:43 PM
thank you everyone for your kind messages, e-mailed them in the end, they phoned me later the next day, certificates on its way, should get it tomorrow or sat!!!:clapping: