PDA

View Full Version : Finally Ofsted have been

emile1973
03-03-2011, 01:54 PM
I have just had my first instection after two and a half years of waiting and being cancelled by them.

I got a good...I am really ppleased with this but.....

I knew the inspector! She is someone who helps at the toddler group I go to and she recognised me instantly and we chat now and again, infact I saw her yesterday!
She said that she had a couple of very small, almost not worth mentioning action which were to put my name on my risk assessments and I forgot to wipe the childrens hands before snack which I realised instantly.

SHe implied that because she knew me she could not give a higher grading and I am disappointed in that. SHe was very informal with me and almost friend-like. grrrrr

I would like to know why Ofsted inspectors all seem to do it differently! A couple of minders I know are rubbish unless they are being inspected and they got outstandings. Others dont do hardly any paperwork and get a good, I do loads and get the same!
Grrrrr again...lol am I bitter, a little bit but just disappointed that I knew the inspector!

Yay...I now have an inspection under my belt anyway!

Tups
03-03-2011, 02:52 PM
not fare is it, but you have a good, well done you, :clapping:

Penny1959
03-03-2011, 04:37 PM
It does not seem fair - and I am not sure about the ethics of being inspected by someone who knows you. Due to my past job working for NCMA and LA, I know lots of inspectors and so they made sure that both my pre reg and my graded inspectors did not know me.

Wait to see the draft report and if you are not happy complain.

In the meantime - very well done on your GOOD - as I always say - a good is not just good it is VERY GOOD and takes a lot of work to achieve.

Congratulations

Penny :)

nic t
03-03-2011, 05:52 PM
Well done! :)

You are lucky though I got an action, Notice to Improve, for not having my name on my RAs! :angry:

mrsmaggy
03-03-2011, 05:52 PM
Well done :clapping:

emile1973
03-03-2011, 06:12 PM
Well done! :)

You are lucky though I got an action, Notice to Improve, for not having my name on my RAs! :angry:

I got that too and not having the childrens drinks in the same room that we were in!

debratina
03-03-2011, 06:15 PM
congratulations :clapping:
Debra

sarah707
03-03-2011, 06:19 PM
Well done :clapping:

nic t
03-03-2011, 06:21 PM
I got that too and not having the childrens drinks in the same room that we were in!

Oh no, sorry mis-read that bit! Did you actually get an action or just a recommendation?

Susana0600
03-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Well Done!!!:thumbsup:

emile1973
03-03-2011, 09:23 PM
Oh no, sorry mis-read that bit! Did you actually get an action or just a recommendation?

She said action.
My child minding support officer said the whole lots was harsh.

One of my children helped me carry the snack in and she pooped a piece in her mouth , the inspector saw this and said she would have to mention handwashing in my report
Also, she said I need to provide on going water. When she got here their cups were on the table for them at their height and they help themselves or ask . She said they need to have access at all times wherever you are.

nic t
05-03-2011, 09:15 AM
She said action.
My child minding support officer said the whole lots was harsh.

One of my children helped me carry the snack in and she pooped a piece in her mouth , the inspector saw this and said she would have to mention handwashing in my report
Also, she said I need to provide on going water. When she got here their cups were on the table for them at their height and they help themselves or ask . She said they need to have access at all times wherever you are.

I really think that alot of it (not all!) is down to who you get on the day. Was so peed off when I got an action for not having my name on my RAs when I know what other minders have got away with on their inspections with a different inspector!

emile1973
20-03-2011, 10:11 PM
There has been a development regarding my inspection and I am annoyed and confused about it.
I feel very dispondent now about childminding and Ofsted!

This week I had a call from the Ofsted inspector who did my inspection 2 weeks ago.
She said Quality Assurance had called her and said that she needed to provide a reccommendation on my report and couldn't think of one so what do I think she could put.
I asked if she had to put one and she said yes.
I said that I couldn't think of one as I feel I am running a good practice so she said the only one she could think of was about transitions and my liason with schools. At the time of inspection I had no school children but have a transitions file and it clearly shows draught letters to parents and schools and my procedure to ensure smooth transition etc. On my inspection she read it and said it was good.
I said that idf she had to write this could she word it so that it said something about recommending I ensure I put this into practice when required and she said that was a good idea although she would have to re-word it.
The inspector said that she was calling to discuss this as she didn't want me to get a shock when I receive my report!

I was shocked!!! and after talking to my childminding support officer am very unhappy with this. My CO has discussed it with colleagues and they feel I should complain and ask that this recommendation is not put on.

I don't know what to do as I am worried about what else she will put. Shall I call Ofsted and ask that the inspector calls me or do I deal with it through the helpline or do I wait for the publication of the report.

I have really had it with Ofsted!