PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used the NCMA LJ?

butterfli
02-03-2011, 10:15 AM
Good morning guys :jump for joy:
Just wondered if anyone has used the NCMA learning journals?
I made my own one last time but I have just started with a new mindee and wondered if the NCMA lj were any good??
Any advice would be grately appreciated :thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
02-03-2011, 12:04 PM
i didn't know NCMA produced a learning journal?????

do you mean the NCMA childminder diary???

butterfli
02-03-2011, 02:03 PM
ooh, I don't know, there is a 'journal' for sale, which I assumed was a learning journal :doh:
I just thought it would be easier if there was one which I could buy... maybe its not what I thought it was, does anyone have this journal?? if so what is it used for?
Thanks guys:thumbsup:

PixiePetal
02-03-2011, 02:17 PM
Personally I would not bother!

I bought a journal to see what it was like and if it was worth using. Just buy a blank book instead :rolleyes:

it has pages to add dates to and put notes as a parent/minder diary(concerns/funny things they say/ideas and plans...) and then pages of 'what we have been doing' and 'what we will do next' - nothing exciting and not a LJ. Not worth spending on IMO

grindal
02-03-2011, 02:25 PM
In use them - but only because my network gives them out for free! I find them useful, but a plain A5 notebook would do the job just as well!

butterfli
02-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Ok, thanks for the advice.... the last one I did was just a plain book and I created it using photos, childrens artwork and ob's, the ofsted inspector said it was good but i needed to link th ob's onto the next stages, so I suppose i am on the right track :thumbsup:

Mykidsrock
02-03-2011, 05:17 PM
BCMA (Bromley Child Minding Association) do some great books as well. Might be worth looking on their website. Not bad prices either.

HTH

Jess x

Rubybubbles
17-04-2011, 05:56 PM
I use them as daily diaries (I got given mine:D ) I do like them as the pen doesn't go through the paper like when I was using cheaper note books:o Don't know if I will buy any though? how much are they?

LittleVoice
24-04-2011, 08:35 PM
I didmt realise they did the journals either however i will be making my own. I know its a bit more effort than having one already set out but i think its more personal. I know as a parent i would like to see one that has had a bit of time spent on it. I dont by any means expect it to be neat and tidy or perfect but its nice knowing a little time has been spent on it.

Allie
24-04-2011, 09:07 PM
For learning journey's I use loose leaf files that way I can add children's art work easily and if I make a mistake I can put in a fresh sheet with no problem. I have my own observation sheets and activity planning sheets

Allie

miffy
24-04-2011, 09:10 PM
For learning journey's I use loose leaf files that way I can add children's art work easily and if I make a mistake I can put in a fresh sheet with no problem.

Allie

I use these too - makes it easy to slot something in later if you forget :blush:

Miffy xx

Allie
24-04-2011, 09:12 PM
I use loose leaf files for my learning journeys, that way it's easier to add children's artwork and remove/change pages if I make a mistake

Allie

Allie
24-04-2011, 09:14 PM
Sorry I posted twice as my computer shut off and I didn't realise it had actually posted:blush:

Allie

onceinabluemoon
25-04-2011, 07:01 AM
Like others I use A4 files for the children's learning journeys

But I was given an NCMA journal by somebody and used it as a daily diary and thought it was fab. :)

I think they are spiral bound now though and I hate spiral bound so wont buy them, the old one was like a proper book. (If I am wrong about the spiral binding please somebody tell me cos as a book they were fab!)

mrs coops
24-05-2011, 09:04 AM
i have found these lj templates and thought maybe someone could use them.:)
http://www.pd4me.info/resources/learningjournal/learningjournaltemplates/

lisa b
16-06-2011, 06:52 PM
I had no idea NCMA did them!!!

candlequeen
21-07-2011, 05:16 PM
I bought one for my first full time mindee as I wanted to look professional, but to be honest, I think it is expensive for what it is, and also the paper seems to have a funny finish, and sometimes the pen won't write on it. I kept thinking my pens were running out, and threw a couple away, and then realised it wasn't the pens but the paper. All in all, I felt, a waste of money.

missymood
21-05-2012, 09:49 PM
Sorry just posted the same question. My friend has bought loads but at £6 a bit steep I think:eek: