PDA

View Full Version : TOMATO KETCHUP

angeldelight
28-02-2011, 12:08 PM
Am I the only one who does not like this ?

Do you like it ?

What do you like it with ?

Do you only like a certain brand ?

I see people have it on all sorts of meals ...... Why would you have it on a Sunday Roast :eek: - it would spoil your dinner ??

Are you a ketchup addict ?

Or do you dislike it like myself ?

Angel xx

ajs
28-02-2011, 12:09 PM
No I love it but only on certain things like anything with chips certainly not a sunday roast
has to be heinz like the advert says, nothing else is nice enough

Splodge
28-02-2011, 12:14 PM
I am not a big fan although i don't mind it with fish and chips.

What really winds me up is when certain people put tomato ketchup and brown sauce (and not a small amount) on something like a stew. I tried it and it did not taste nice. :(

Some people have strange taste buds....x

angeldelight
28-02-2011, 12:17 PM
I hate it when I see people use it and its all dried up round the top of the bottle from days or weeks before - yuk yuk yuk yuk :eek: :eek: . Why not clean the top of the bottle ?

Angel xx

Cazz
28-02-2011, 12:22 PM
I'm not keen either (yet I love tomatoes?!!) - I only occasionally have ketchup with a meal if I'm in the mood for it!

I do sometimes toast a piece of bread under the grill, then turn it over spread it with ketchup, sliced tomato and mozarella cheese and then put it back under the grill until the cheese has melted. It's really nice!

My son would have ketchup with absolutely everything and that includes a roast if we allowed him to!!

mrs_scottydog
28-02-2011, 12:23 PM
I can't stand it and never have. I really can't understand why some people insist on having it with every meal. Hx

ajs
28-02-2011, 12:25 PM
I hate it when I see people use it and its all dried up round the top of the bottle from days or weeks before - yuk yuk yuk yuk :eek: :eek: . Why not clean the top of the bottle ?

Angel xx

one of my pet hates too and the lid is constantly being washed which drives hubby mad as then it doesnt get put back on tightly and squishes out when the bottle is squeezed

PixiePetal
28-02-2011, 12:27 PM
I only have it when we have sausages, peas and homemade mac chese for dinner. Otherwise NO :panic:

DS,14, is the ketchup king - won't eat veg without it or anything else actually - except pizza, but then it is tomato based. But he won't eat tomatoes :rolleyes:

Why ruin a bacon sandwich with it?

PixiePetal
28-02-2011, 12:28 PM

Angel xx

Our bottle doesn't get time to dry out but lid is washed all the time :thumbsup:

snufflepuff
28-02-2011, 12:29 PM
I can't stand it.

My OHs family all have sauces with every meal- we have loads in the cupboard and fridge- ketchup, mayo, salad cream, brown sauce, fruity sauce, tartar sauce etc. And they have pepper on everything too. The only one I like is mayo and I only have it with chips yet we have to store all this for OH! DS seems to be going the same way and I hate it, its all so unneccessary!

caz3007
28-02-2011, 12:33 PM
Hubby eats lot of tomato and brown sauce. I cant stand brown sauce, but do very occasionally have tomato on fish and chips, but I have to really fancy it. I used to make myself fish finger sarnies sometimes and they need tomato sauce too

Polly2
28-02-2011, 12:41 PM
I only have it when we have sausages, peas and homemade mac chese for dinner. Otherwise NO :panic:

DS,14, is the ketchup king - won't eat veg without it or anything else actually - except pizza, but then it is tomato based. But he won't eat tomatoes :rolleyes:

Why ruin a bacon sandwich with it?

A bacon sandwich is not a bacon sandwich without ketchup :laughing:

My hubby hates the stuff - he was sick as a child (car sick I think!) after eating it and has never touched it since!!

singingcactus
28-02-2011, 12:47 PM
I prefer HP sauce. Just had it on my refried roast dinner :D
2 of my kids love ketchup. It is really good for boys, esp those who won't eat fruit/veg, as it contains high content of lycopene which is excellent for preventing prostate cancer in later years.

PixiePetal
28-02-2011, 12:51 PM
2 of my kids love ketchup. It is really good for boys, esp those who won't eat fruit/veg, as it contains high content of lycopene which is excellent for preventing prostate cancer in later years.

that's good news - won't stop DS then!

ajs
28-02-2011, 12:56 PM
we also have a fridge full of pickles mustards and sauces, and have an accompaniement with every meal, some can be very strange but yummy like horseradish with risotto our ds doesn't like pickles but the girls do dd2 current fave is the chilli jam i bought hubby for Christmas

Cazz
28-02-2011, 12:57 PM

I didn't realise this! Maybe he can have it on his roast as well then :laughing:

mr man
28-02-2011, 12:57 PM
nope i dont like at all......yak.

also i have a new mindee who eats it with everything, plans to tone that down. - re healthy eating, not cause i dont like it. :)

Cazz
28-02-2011, 12:59 PM
My hubby hates the stuff - he was sick as a child (car sick I think!) after eating it and has never touched it since!!

Isn't it funny how things like this put you off!!

I went to a birthday party when I was little and a girl was sick after drinking loads of fizzy orange - I've never ever drunk fizzy orange because of this!

sweets
28-02-2011, 01:00 PM
i like it but only really with chips, ideally it has to be heinz as thats the best but i also like the really really thin watery stuff you get from burger vans or in cafes! lol

Alibali
28-02-2011, 01:03 PM
Yuck, can't stand the stuff. One of my mindees asks for it with every meal (and doesn't get it!)

Bendy
28-02-2011, 01:05 PM
Nice on fish and chips, but I really hate it when there is a large dollop left on the plate and I have to wash up :mad:

LOOPYLISA
28-02-2011, 01:45 PM
Has to be Heinz :thumbsup:

Only like it with chippy chips though and hate the gunky stuff that forms round the top :panic:

birch24
28-02-2011, 02:13 PM
We are ketchup lovers. Although we don't have it on everything just the 'suitable things' Lol.

:D

Polly2
28-02-2011, 02:15 PM
Isn't it funny how things like this put you off!!

I went to a birthday party when I was little and a girl was sick after drinking loads of fizzy orange - I've never ever drunk fizzy orange because of this!

Yes isn't it! There's stuff I can't eat after being pg - even now :rolleyes: oh yes and school dinners put me off loads of things!

The Juggler
28-02-2011, 02:34 PM
i don't have it on any foods other than a bacon sarnie :thumbsup:

AliceK
28-02-2011, 02:35 PM
I cant stand it, hate even the smell of it. Both my children love it, DD would have it with everything if I let her. I actually think I heard somewhere that it was quite good for you???? Or did I dream that :blush: .
I love brown sauce myself but only really have it on a bacon sarnie.

xxxxx

kindredspirits
28-02-2011, 02:45 PM
my son won't eat a meal without it - even pizza, but i've given up the battle for now - at least he is eating! :laughing: i prefer mayonaise but i do eat ketchup - Dh likes brown sauce which i can't stand.

LOOPYLISA
28-02-2011, 03:57 PM
my son won't eat a meal without it - even pizza, but i've given up the battle for now - at least he is eating! :laughing: i prefer mayonaise but i do eat ketchup - Dh likes brown sauce which i can't stand.

Ewwwww mayo :panic: :D

nannysue
28-02-2011, 04:33 PM
No Angel you are certainly not alone ........ i can't bear ketchup !!!! one of my little ones has "dippy chips" as a treat at home , (chips dipped in ketchup) yukkkkkkk:laughing:

It's a small world
28-02-2011, 04:42 PM
We have 'daddies' I dont use it as much now though as addicted to sweet chilli dipping sauce....mmmm yummy on chiken fajitas...mines usually used for the children...

SYLVIA
28-02-2011, 08:27 PM
NO! I can't stand the look or smell of it! and I can't stand mayo or HP or anything like it. The LO's here have never been offered it or asked for it. Got new one starting on friday and his mum says he has it on everything. I'll be telling him I haven't got any

FussyElmo
28-02-2011, 09:33 PM
Bring out the Branston :thumbsup:

We have most of the sauces going in the house. However only for suitable foods wouldnt allow them to put it on a roast yukky

babs
28-02-2011, 11:06 PM
more of a mayo person but i do like it on chips ... ive got a mindee who wont eat her dinner unless its on plate... and few years ago we had friends stopping went out to sunday dinner and hubbys mate wanted ketchup but wouldnt ask so i had to...:laughing: