PDA

View Full Version : RA for loss of personal information?

MrsShell
26-02-2011, 08:48 AM
Morning everyone.

I am just checking my RA's because got first graded inspection on Tuesday.

I take out emergency contact cards for each mindee when we go on outings and have noted that I haven't risk assessed what I would do if my bag was lost or stolen.

My brain is a bit mashed at the moment and i'm struggling with what to put. I think if I had visited a place I would check with the staff to see if it had been handed in. I would also advise parents. I was then thinking it wasn't found that I would report it to the police.

Is this on the right lines or am I completely off track?!

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks.

Michelle x

mama2three
26-02-2011, 08:55 AM
I didnt have a ra in place for that situation - wasnt mentioned. But I can see why you would want to do this , I think youre definately on the right tracks - as long as you make parents aware that their childs details are out there. make sure you only have the essential info on the cards , no home addresses etc.

Pauline
26-02-2011, 09:43 AM
make sure you only have the essential info on the cards , no home addresses etc.

What about the emergency medical attention forms? I always carry these with me. Mine have full name and address because a doctor would need that to be able to find any notes about them.

It is so difficult balancing the need for keeping records safe but having vital information with you at all times.

MrsShell
27-02-2011, 08:16 AM
Thank you for your replies.

I think I am going a bit risk assessment mad and trying to cover every possible eventuality that the inspector may pick up on!

Michelle x

rickysmiths
27-02-2011, 01:51 PM
I don't risk assess loosing my bag I must confess. I think there is a limit and I don't think we have to RA our every move, at some point common sense has to prevail.

I carry a mini photo album with me. It is usually in a deep pocket so if my bag was lost it would still be on me.

1st sheet has the childs name. DOB, home phone number, mum and dads contact numbers, the days and times the child is normally in my care and the tmes they may be in whtever pre-school/nursery/or school with the contact number for them.

2nd sheet has childs name, doctors name, address and phone number, the childs NHS number. Other info on allergies or medical conditions. Permission to administer First Aid and or to seek medical advise or treatment. Also an In the event of not being able to contact the childs parent the following people are permitted to collect with the emergency contact names and numbers.
This sheet is signed and dated by the parents.

3rd Sheet has a list of all the consents on my permissions form and is signed by the parent.

These tuck into the album next to a photo of the child. I do not have their address on any of the information I carry.

The little book is 3.5 inches by 2.5 inches. It easily pops in my pocket or a bag and I carry it whenever I am out with the children. The children know I have it and know it has their mummy and daddy's numbers in. They enjoy seeing their photos!

wendywu
27-02-2011, 03:32 PM
[
QUOTE=rickysmiths;879620]I don't risk assess loosing my bag I must confess. I think there is a limit and I don't think we have to RA our every move, at some point common sense has to prevail.

I think i need to RA for loosing my mind or even loosing the will to live. :panic:

MrsShell
27-02-2011, 06:20 PM
Rickysmiths - Thanks for your advice. I also take out a little album with information similar to yours (I think I got the idea from one of your previous posts actually!). :D

I totally agree with you and I also think that common sense should prevail. However I think a lot of the RA's I have in place are basic common sense to my mind and I seem to be struggling to work out what Ofsted will want evidenced in writing. I've also just realised I still need to do RA's on my resources as well now before Mrs O comes on Tuesday. :eek:

Wendywu - I totally agree with you too. :laughing:

Michelle x