PDA

View Full Version : quick q with emergency contact cards

ChocolateChip
24-02-2011, 04:20 PM
Am re-doing mine at the mo, to put in the sentence about having 'permission to seek emergency medical advice and/or treatment'

1- is that the correct phrase
2- does it need to have a parental signature on the card, or can we just say we have it

Thanks in advance!

mama2three
24-02-2011, 04:25 PM
We definately need the signature out with us. My do ( ex ofsted inspector) looked through all my paperwork for me just before my first inspection and this was the only thing she picked me up on. Although we have parents signatures they are at home in a file somewhere , no good out and about in an emergency.
Actually , aside from ofsted requiring this , I dont see paramedics etc refusing to treat just because we havent got parents permission with us!

ChocolateChip
24-02-2011, 04:33 PM
Thanks Kath!

rickysmiths
24-02-2011, 05:04 PM
We definately need the signature out with us. My do ( ex ofsted inspector) looked through all my paperwork for me just before my first inspection and this was the only thing she picked me up on. Although we have parents signatures they are at home in a file somewhere , no good out and about in an emergency.
Actually , aside from ofsted requiring this , I dont see paramedics etc refusing to treat just because we havent got parents permission with us!

You are absolutely right, this permission actually is a total waste of time. Any Paramedic or doctor has a duty first to prserve life. The only info they may take note of is cultural/relegious respect, say in the case of a Jehovah Witness. However as we are not next of Kin in the absense of the parents/guardian or next of kin the hospital/doctor/para medic would do what they need to and argue later. We wouldn't be consulted.

I am due an inspection soon and it is one of the questions I intend to ask the Inspector. I am sick of unnecessary paperwork. The other one is, why do we have to keep delivering EYFS after a child has finished in Reception in July and has had their Profile done by the school?

I am compiling a little list.:laughing:

mama2three
24-02-2011, 05:34 PM
Look forward to hearing the answers!