PDA

View Full Version : Start up grant what can you buy?

candlequeen
23-02-2011, 10:46 PM
Does anyone know what you are allowed to buy with Start up grant? Does it have to be things like a pushchair, first aid kit etc or could you buy say a printer or stationery?

jo.jo76
23-02-2011, 11:23 PM
I have just sent mine off, as it had to be done by 28th Feb due to budget cuts. I have £100 for home-based child care course, first-aid course, upto £50 medical form and ofsted fee reinbursment, plus one years insurance. And that is it! No equipment what so ever. It is better than nothing, and I'm not complaining what so ever, I nearly didn't get my ofsted certificate in time and would of had nothing!!
But, I guess it depends on your local authority and what they offer!

candlequeen
23-02-2011, 11:34 PM
Thanks for that. I hope I get it in time - my registration certificate is apparently in the post - I am banking on it arriving tomorrow and trying to get all the receipts together to apply for my grant straight away. Hope mine doesn't run out on 28th as just had a reply from my contact person in early years saying she is out of the office till the 28th!

jo.jo76
23-02-2011, 11:40 PM
I got all my forms filled out yesterday and certificate arrived today, took photocopy and sent it straight out special delivery!
Hope you get yours done in time, I think most councils have till march then it's all change!

tulip0803
24-02-2011, 12:52 AM
It does depend on your LA. Some will give a grant for equipment, others will be for courses, registration costs and PLI insurance.

Tracy123
24-02-2011, 08:53 PM
Where do u get grant forms from??

jo.jo76
24-02-2011, 10:39 PM
Where do u get grant forms from??

My Early Years team rang me and told me about the grant, once I had my registration certificate I got them to send me out the forms.