PDA

View Full Version : Levels...

Blaze
23-02-2011, 03:55 PM
Can someone clarify please...

I am just finishing OU's E100 - which I thought would give me (another) Level 3 qualification (Certificate in Early years Practice)...then if I do E105? as well I get my FD which is Level 4 & then I can top up to a BA & beyond...is this right?

TIA:)

manjay
23-02-2011, 03:59 PM
Not sure about OU but FD's are level 5. I am then topping up with a level 6 to make it a ful BA Hons

Polly2
23-02-2011, 04:05 PM
Again not sure how OU works but the first year of fd is level 4 second level 5 so maybe you would have to do another unit to complete level 5?

I would be interested if you find out as I am struggling to find somewhere to do BAhons. Might have to go down OU route :rolleyes:

Blaze
23-02-2011, 04:09 PM
Sorry I meant level 5...am soo confused!:o

sarah707
23-02-2011, 06:06 PM
When I did E123 and E124 it was a level 4.

I understand E100 took over from those 2 so I would think it will be level 4 as well.

I'd ring OU and ask if you are not sure :D

Shivvie
23-02-2011, 07:37 PM
Hi, I did the E100 last year and the 'certificate in early years practice' is a level 4 qualification :)

Playmate
23-02-2011, 07:39 PM
When I did E123 and E124 it was a level 4.

I understand E100 took over from those 2 so I would think it will be level 4 as well.

I'd ring OU and ask if you are not sure :D

This is my understanding too :D

Blaze
23-02-2011, 07:42 PM
OK now it makes sense - I thought E100 (Certificate in early years practice) was a level 3:rolleyes: - now I know it's a level 4 the rest all slots into place - thank you!:thumbsup:

Maureen75
02-03-2011, 11:02 AM
Sorry to jump on your thread but I'm a bit confused!
I wanted to do the FD but I wanted to have a recognisable qualification, ie recognised by the CWCD at level 3 or above. So if I did the FD would I have a level 4 qualification after completing the E100 and would this be as good as or better than having the Cache level 3 diploma as far as the CWDC are concerned. Money being tight I need to look at what each qualification will really give me and choose carefully.

Blaze
02-03-2011, 11:11 AM
IMHO doing the E100 (Certificate in Early Years Practice), would be better then doing an NVQ 3, as it's a higher qualification - 4 rather than 3. It will also give you credits towards your degree should you wish to continue studying. Having said that you will need to check on what the entry requirments are. I'm sure someone more knowledgable will be along to post!:thumbsup:

HTH:)

Maureen75
02-03-2011, 11:20 AM
Thanks Blaze,
OU have already said I can apply for the course if I want to. Think this has made my mind up. Since I really want to do the FD and hopefully the BA eventually(!), I'll definitely enrol on the E100. Shame I can't start before October! Good time for me to start then cos will have mornings free from September. Got a taste of it this morning, first child-free morning since November!

clio0602
02-03-2011, 11:36 AM
Thanks Blaze,
OU have already said I can apply for the course if I want to. Think this has made my mind up. Since I really want to do the FD and hopefully the BA eventually(!), I'll definitely enrol on the E100. Shame I can't start before October! Good time for me to start then cos will have mornings free from September. Got a taste of it this morning, first child-free morning since November!

I'm going to start this in Oct as it seems a better way forward for me as can can continue on to Ba. Does anyone know how it is assessed? Do you have to go to exams and assessor come visit. Can't seem to find out much on the site although I may have missed it lol

Blaze
02-03-2011, 11:58 AM
E100 = 4 TMA's (Tutor Marked Assessments/Assignments) & an EMA to finish (End of Module Assessment/Assignment).

clio0602
02-03-2011, 12:02 PM
E100 = 4 TMA's (Tutor Marked Assessments/Assignments) & an EMA to finish (End of Module Assessment/Assignment).

Thanks for that! is this where you have to go to a regional centre as mine is Manchester I think ,although if its only 5 times its not too bad x

MaryMary
19-03-2011, 09:24 PM
I am thinking of starting this in Oct aswell. I have just been reading up on it :)

The TMA's can be submitted on paper, or online. So i assume this means we won't have to attend anywhere else. I think they said the EMA was project based. I don't know what this entails!! :panic:

The OU website says you can attend some sessions, but they are not compulsory. I am not sure where my regional centre is (I am in Essex).

I don't think I can get any help re costs of the course so just have to have a chat with DH to decide if we can afford/justify the £700 cost.