PDA

View Full Version : HELP! What would you charge for?

muffins
22-02-2011, 09:26 AM
I've had a lady ask me for 10am till 8pm for 2 children on a Sturday (they are old enough to be up that late on a none sch night).

I know most of you won't work week ends but its suits me really well. It allows me to do the current 4 week days with 1 pre-schooler (I have 2 young children) with no sch runs, and have 1 day with 2 for the full day. My DH works shifts all week round so doesn't effect family life.

I charge £4 per hr for 8-6 Mon- Fri & £6 for out of hrs. I've not got a fee for after 6 on wk ends cos never been asked to do it! I don't usually give a sibling discount, but a thinking this is going to cost her so much I might have to with this one!

WHAT WOULD YOU CHARGE?

:idea:

mama2three
22-02-2011, 09:31 AM
I would probably just offer a daily rate rather than hourly / discount etc. So a weekday for those hours would be £36 a day each. if you said time and a half for saturdays this would be £54 each. So I would probably offer to do it for £100 a day inclusive.

jumpinjen
22-02-2011, 09:33 AM
I would prob say £6/hour until 6pm then £8 per hour after that as 'antisocial weekend' then!!! then work it out, tell her the price and offer her a deal. i have quoted for these before and then not got the business as a new starter was prepared to offer much less than me but make sure you quote a price you would be happy with!

jen x