PDA

View Full Version : Hello ladies......

anisha
21-02-2011, 06:02 PM
hoping someone on here can guide me on play activities to support learning and development for a very young child and a 4 year old which cover the 6 areas of learning......

have made a start but really struggling to think of activities for the young child:(

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Kes
03-03-2011, 10:50 AM
How about a treasure basket this would easily cover all areas.

Flisspaps
03-03-2011, 11:11 AM
How young is young? I have a 9mo mindee and 11mo DD, and the bulk of activities with those consist of free play (I have toy boxes in the corner and they help themselves) or I select a pile of toys for them. Today we've got lots of books out and soft toys of characters from books.

There are also balloons which are nice to touch and lick (or so it seems) and I've blown them up to varying sizes, yesterday we had a treasure bag out and some VTech musical instruments as well as books and soft toys.

We might sit and read the books together (they love the textured page ones like That's Not My Monkey) but generally I don't do much structured stuff as they tend to wander/crawl off if I do building blocks and they eat crayons and paint!

Atm they are both crawling round the living room laughing at each other and I am supervising but if I were to join in I think it would spoil their fun (hence posting)!