PDA

View Full Version : info needed

Ang101
21-02-2011, 05:02 PM
Hi, I new here, my sister wendy222, says you are a lovely bunch and will help me, so here goes
I start my training on the 5th march, I am going to child-mind/nanny in the child's own home, i have decided this as i am willing/wanting to work with children with special needs,, i am willing to work with any child with special needs from PMLD to general SEN, I have special needs back ground as my son as ADHD and ASD and i also work in a special school at the moment,
any advice you can give me i will be grateful for,

Cheers Ang101

wendy222
21-02-2011, 05:06 PM
gud for you sis xx

sarah707
21-02-2011, 05:55 PM
Welcome to the forum!

You do not need to be a registered childminder to work from the child's home... you would be a nanny.

Nannies are different from childminders - they are paid differently and they work differently.

If I were you I'd take some advice from your training people about whether they think childminding course is the right thing for you.

I hope you are enjoying the forum!! :D

Ang101
21-02-2011, 06:05 PM
Hi Sarah,

It was them that said to do the child minding route, as then I can do both, I don't mind whether am a child minder or a nanny as long as am with with special needs, Thanks anyway, :)
Ang101

sarah707
21-02-2011, 08:04 PM
Then I say go for it! :clapping:

It is great that you want to work with children with disabilities - are there any courses in your local area you can get onto?

I went on an interesting disability course the other night. They were looking at disability from the point of view of the parent and how it turns their lives upside down.

Good luck :D