PDA

View Full Version : Freezer meal recipes?

jumpinjen
20-02-2011, 07:09 PM
Hi,

Does anyone know of a good source of freezer meal recipes/websites or books as I'd like to start stocking for when I'm very pregnant and can't be bothered to cook!!!!

Thanks, Jen x

The Juggler
20-02-2011, 10:00 PM
anything basic that you can just add pasta/rice/potatoes to hon.

bolognese
casseroles
meatballs

or in your pregnant state - whatever you are fancying:laughing: :laughing:

jumpinjen
21-02-2011, 07:51 AM
Thanks, I've never had much success with freezing..... my children in particular turn their noses up to reheated meals so i wondered if I was missing something...... do I freeze the sauce bits and add rice/pasta/potatoes fresh once reheated??

jen x

FussyElmo
21-02-2011, 08:51 AM
When I freezer meals I only freeze the sauce bits :) Think pasta etc doesnt taste as nice reheated :thumbsup:

sweets
21-02-2011, 09:01 AM
i tend to just freeze the sauces too, ive tried freezing casseroles but the potatoes and carrots always end up a bit soggy when reheated.

meat dished tend to freeze well, like shepherds pie and chicken in sauces.

i sometimes freeze leftover meat just wrapped in foil and then defrosted and heated up in a bit of gravy.

jumpinjen
21-02-2011, 09:15 AM
Thanks, that has given me some ideas....... I will try again........ once I've defrosted the flippin freezer though, it looks like the arctic at the moment!!!!

jenni x

The Juggler
21-02-2011, 09:22 AM
oooh forgot to say curries.

I always used to make a few different for my two as toddlers. Then swap and change what I cooked to go with, couscous, rice, pasta, potatoes, breads.

jumpinjen
21-02-2011, 12:52 PM
ooh we love a good curry.......... easy to make a spicy base and portion out to freeze as well...... good idea, thanks!

jen x