PDA

View Full Version : Yet another of my dilemas

LucyatMCM
16-02-2011, 11:29 AM
Hello Ladies,

I'm back with another dilema...

The story so far... I have tried to become a childminder but failed to get any customers. Have decided that since we want to have baby #2 soon I should go back to my desk job for 10 months or so...

One of the ladies who I was talking to about looking after her daughter is still waiting to have her new job confirmed but she seems desperate for me to look after her daughter. When I I told her I had decided to go back to work three days a week she asked me if I could look after her daughter even if just once a week.

My reason for not childminding now is because I don't want to let anyone down or loose our income when I get pregnant so I felt compelled to tell of our plans for baby #2, even though I'd rather keep it private.

But she's not put off. She is mega, mega keen for me to do this and is even suggesting paying my NCMA/insurance fees, as I pointed out one days minding makes this a big expense! Am I wrong to be suspicious about her being so keen?

DH thinks it's a great idea, get experience now, still have a steady income, hopefully by the time I want to work post baby #2 I will be able to say that I have done it before, have a reference etc.

BUT I am not sure the cons don't outweigh the pros? Going back to the office after 10 months of thinking I was going to be with my daughter 24/7 is going to be hard; trying to pick up my job again, missing her and trying to run our household on half the time, plus hopefully being preganant and all goes with that is going to be quite a lot without childminding as well. Am I being lazy?

Yes it will give me experience but only 10 months, 1 day a week looking after a 10-20 month old, I have experience of that age range from my own daughter. I think I know the answer to this but... "Will it make a big difference to parents looking to place their child with me?" (I think yes to some, no to some others!)

I'm really just exhausted by the constant decisions life keeps throwing at me at the moment and hoping for your opinions...

sarah707
16-02-2011, 06:10 PM
I would give it a go and see how it feels!

If it doesn't work out there's nothing lost.

Good luck! :D