PDA

View Full Version : just started the cambridge diet

coffee-time
13-02-2011, 10:31 PM
wondered if anybody else has done or doing it? im on day 4, so far so good, ive lost about 6 pound and cant believe it:)
not so keen on the porridge in the morning, might change to shakes for brekkie next week, soups are ok and im having a 'proper' meal for tea, which at the moment consists of chicken breast or fish and veg, really boring now, anyone have any ideas of how i can make the evening meal a bit more exciting, i cant even have gravy on it which i would love!!
start weight: 11st 4lb, want to get to 9st.
how hard is it to keep the weight off though? i know a couple of people whove lost it all but then just put back on when coming off the diet, i hope i can keep it off!!:thumbsup:

The Juggler
13-02-2011, 11:18 PM
sure you will be fine. if you have lost that much so far.:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: try sprinkling or stuffing your fish/chicken with herbs/spices (piri-piri/basil etc) or chopping into chunks and roasting wrapped in tin foil with cherry tomatoes and coriander.

Also try lots of different veggies (roast root veg/green beans/dress your veg with home made oil/balsamic). What about a lean pork chop or lean steak as well for a change.

keep it up you are doing fine. try crumpets in stead of porridge (they are far lower than bread in fat/cals.:)

charlie potato
13-02-2011, 11:36 PM
I was 11 st 5 and want to be around 9 and a half st. I'm taking the garcinia cambodia soft gels from 'forever' (aloe vera products) and i lost 5lbs in a wk and managed to eat a chinese and kfc. I'm so impressed with their products i've now started to sell them which has made me more determined to succeed. They seem to be stopping me from scoffing and i'm not getting the sugar cravings. Good luck with your diet. xx

coffee-time
14-02-2011, 08:05 AM
thanks, the porridge is a cambridge diet one, icant have anything else at all other than the cambrige shakes for breakfast! no food at all till the evening meal:panic: and the evening meal can only consist of chicken or fish and only certain veggies, so i have a cd porridge for breakfast a soup for lunch a shake about 4pm then my evening meal around 6-7pm, it sounds worse than it is really, ive got work today (my other job not cminding) which is going to be difficult but only 2 days a week!
oh well off to have a 'lovely' porridge now!