PDA

View Full Version : Risk Assessment of Child

Monkey26
13-02-2011, 07:58 PM
Hi all,

I do a risk assessment on each child, then i just update it (scribble all over it!) as and when needed... For my ease, i store these in the child's learning journal.

I have a child leaving me on Tuesday - her journal is totally up to date and ready to be sent home for parents/any future settings... Can i take the risk assessment out and put it in with their (soon to be ex) contract/additional information? ie the stuff i keep for x amount of years?

It sounds really horrible but if the little girl goes to pre school (which i think she may be doing!) i don't want them just copying the risk assessment i did on her?

Also, the risk assessment isn't necessarily all positive (eg running off, known to hit etc!) which i think a child's learning journal should be :)

What are your thoughts? xx

sarah707
13-02-2011, 08:08 PM
The children's risk assessments I write are for me and my records.

I share information from them with parents as situations arise but not the actual documents.

hth :D

Monkey26
13-02-2011, 08:09 PM
Thanks Sarah, thats reassured me that i'm doing the right thing by taking it out :D xx

littleraspberry
25-02-2011, 03:23 PM
Umm... I never thought about risk assessments for each child. Have I missed something?

singlewiththree
25-02-2011, 03:35 PM
I don't do them for the child either

Lorraine B
25-02-2011, 04:00 PM
I never knew you had to do one for the child :(

sarah707
25-02-2011, 05:22 PM
You don't have to write a RA for each child!!

Some childminders choose to do them but they are not a requirement.

I use them as part of my accident records... they show for example a history of the child charging around full pelt or climbing at home... before he goes splat off your dining table :rolleyes:

Hth :D