PDA

View Full Version : Cards on the table - honest help please

newbie1512
11-02-2011, 12:21 PM
Hi

Im so fed up, ive got so many things that may disqualify me from becomming registered. I will try to keep it short and would appreciate any honest opinions please, here goes -

11 years ago my dh was charged with actual bodily harm against a woman, 6 years ago a drink drive ban and then 5 years ago another drink drive ban

He has a military bachground and was discharged for fraud(admitidly not his fault, was caught up in it through one way or another). Previously to this he was arrested for domestic violence (no charges were held against him), obviously SAFFA will run the checks on this, but he never realised the consequences and this was not disclosed on his application form to Ofsted

I feel like im not going to be able to register and I want to so badly. Also ive spent so much money so far on toys, new built in shelving ect, then doing my first aid tomorrow £112 and still got more to do. Ive also completed ALL the paperwork required. Im not in the position I can throw money away but I will spend if its going to be worth it in the end but I really cant see the end result being positive.

Another thing is that all these checks are going to hold me up, probably just to say I cant register and I will have wasted months where I could be job hunting

Im really sorry to go on but on here is the place where I can hopefully get good honest advise, no matter what the advise is, it will help me see wether this is all really worth it

Please help me find the right decision

WibbleWobble
11-02-2011, 01:07 PM
i cant offer you any advice but i am sure someone on here will be able to

just sending luck and love

mandy xxx

LisaMcNally09
11-02-2011, 01:26 PM
Unfortunately every case is individual so I dont think anyone could say you will or wont get registered. I think you and hubby will have an interview with ofsted to discuss the convictions. Ofsted will then decide if you are both suitable. It will depend on the nature of the convictions I would think and your hubby will probably have to go into each one in detail and the circumstances around them.

Maybe call them for advice. Also I wouldnt spend any more money on resources as you never know. Thats not meant to be negative but maybe save some money and when your reg certificate comes through you can go on a spending spree:D

I hope it all turns out for you.

hugs xxx

Daftbat
11-02-2011, 01:29 PM
The best thing to do is speak to Ofsted as soon as you can. Things are taken on merit but there is no point continuing until you have had a proper talk to them and see where you stand.

Can't offer any other help than that but hope it helps.

kindredspirits
11-02-2011, 02:08 PM
as a worst case scenario it would be worth talking to ofsted and seeing if you can have a condition of registration that your DH is not on the premesis during minding hours - i have heard of this happening before.

the 2 drunk driving offences shouldn't be an issue as long as you are not planning on having him driving anywhere - actual bodily harm and DV however are serious and fairly nasty so i'd definately stop spending until you know for sure.

Polly2
11-02-2011, 02:16 PM
The best thing you can do is be open and honest with ofsted and see how it goes. Like already mentioned they should judge each case on its own merit.

I really hope it works out for you x

Doofuz
11-02-2011, 05:45 PM
Sorry to hear you are down :( but I would echo what others have said about contacting Ofsted and finding out where you stand. If they can see that your DH has reformed and not likely to offend again, or like someone else said, not on the premises - there could be a way round things.

Chin up xx