PDA

View Full Version : Great Forum - Wonderful members!

steph_x
07-02-2011, 10:51 AM
Hi everyone,

I registered minutes ago, but I have been reading the forum for a while now. Great job everyone, great job!
I would really appreciate if anybody could answer my question, please.
I am thinking to start childminding, having a daughter myself and I am childcare qualified. The big issue I have is with my property. Unfortunately the Title Deeds restrict me from carry any kind of business from my own home. Is there anybody out there that tackled this problem before? Also I'm thinking to rent a studio flat and start minding. Is this allowed?
Thank you for reading my post.

WibbleWobble
07-02-2011, 02:22 PM
thankyou for your kind words...

Great you are thinking of joining the childminding coven....but i cant answer your question sorry.

somone else will come along i am sure

love mandyxx

ORKSIE
07-02-2011, 02:23 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum.
Hope someone can answer your Question for you.
x

Playmate
07-02-2011, 02:28 PM
Sorry, I can't answer your problem either but just wanted to say welcome :clapping:

Hopefully someone with some answers will be along soon x

Blaze
07-02-2011, 02:28 PM
Childminding doesn't count under those rules, but you will need written permission from your landloard. Private landlords are hit & miss & it's a case of explaining that you'll have special insurance etc & it's not a case of kid's running riot - no different from you extending your own family or your excisting LO having friends over to play re numbers. Housing assossiations tend to be easier...but again written permission is needed. depending on where you are you may also need to apply for planning as the rules vary depending on where you live. I would contact your local authority & enquire about their process for registering. You'll need to book on to an information meeting where all these questions can be answered 9specifically for your area), though if you post here wher you're from, I'm sure if there are members from the same area they will post!

PS Welcome & look forward to chatting more:)

steph_x
07-02-2011, 04:02 PM
Thank you for your welcoming thoughts.
I am posting from Glasgow! Forgot to mention in my first post.

Blaze
07-02-2011, 05:00 PM
Ah now Scotland has different rules to England (as does Wales) - but we do have Scottish members so hopefully they'll be along to help answer your questions soon!:thumbsup:

PS I apologise for my awful spelling in my previous post - I was in a rush! :blush:

I've requested your thread be moved to the Scottish section, as you'll attract the right members to answer your questions.:)

Pauline
07-02-2011, 05:24 PM
I've requested your thread be moved to the Scottish section, as you'll attract the right members to answer your questions.:)

Tis done! :D

Blaze
07-02-2011, 05:35 PM
Thank you Pauline:)

arly
07-02-2011, 08:44 PM
You need permission from your landlord (written preferably) but as long as your home stays a home its not classed as running a business if you get what I mean...:laughing:

I wrote to my landlord who said yes I was allowed to be a childminder working from home as long as the property remained my home and not just for childminding purposes. :thumbsup:

karen m
07-02-2011, 09:45 PM
How do look on the scottish thread,thanks

Pauline
11-02-2011, 10:29 AM
How do look on the scottish thread,thanks

This is it Karen, it is the same thread but it has been moved in the Scottish section of the forum :) (You had posted it in the section for problems with the forum)

pandora1
24-02-2011, 03:16 PM
You should contact your landlord or mortgage company. You will probably find they do not clasify childminding as a business.

With regards to the studio flat, childminding can only take place in residential homes and they must be resided in, otherwise it would be classed as 'daycare for children'.

Good luck, give the Care Commission a call they will give you any advice, they will also be able to let you know about the change of legislation, care services will be registered under the Welfare Service Reform Act from 1st April. (The regulators will then be Social Care and Social Work Improvement Scotland, known as SCSWIS replacing the Care Commission) :jump for joy: