PDA

View Full Version : Which contracts etc?

Kayt
06-02-2011, 10:10 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new here...:)

I have just completed the briefing meetings and am investigating which contracts etc it would be wise to buy.

From my reseach it would seem as if the options are the NCMA, MM and my local childminding association. Does anyone have any advice as to which I should go for?

Also we were advised to buy contracts but to consider creating other documents (e.g. accident book/ attendance register etc) ourselves.

Does this sound realistic - what have other people done???

Hope someone can help here and sorry if these are obvious questions!!

thanks

Kayt :)

Rmead
07-02-2011, 09:58 AM
I'm choosing the contracts from the company I'm using for insurance, in my case, MM. Because if there are disputes you can get legal support from your insurance company and MM cover you for unpaid fees. Having their contracts makes this easier I imagine. In terms of other things. I'm going to buy the accident/incident book from the NCMA as I liked the look of it but making my own attendance registers and accounts.

Pauline
07-02-2011, 10:27 AM
The thing with contracts is you have to be careful with wording so that it is all legal. I think it best to stick to the official ones from whoever you use for insurance as they will have had a good legal team to develop them :)

swindonminder
07-02-2011, 10:44 AM
I'm going with NCMA,when you become a member with them you are entitled to a discount off all of their products.

Doofuz
07-02-2011, 09:43 PM
Initially I will be going with NCMA as I will be getting PL Insurance free but might consider going with MM when it runs out. I will be using their contracts obviously. As for accident and incident books etc, they come with tool kit so might as well use them until I decide they don't work for me.

pillows
07-02-2011, 10:35 PM
HI JUST FOR INFORMATION IF YOUR INS IS WITH NCMA --------- YOU CAN ONLY USE THEIR PAPER WORK -CONTRACTS
BUT IF YOU HAVE INS WITH MM YOU CAN USE ANY CONTRACTS , I SPOKE TO THEM ON FRIDAY
HOPE THIS HELPS
:thumbsup:

Kayt
09-02-2011, 08:32 PM
Thank you for all the feedback - I didn't know that you had to use NCMA paperwork if you are with them so that is well worth knowing (any may influence my choice of insurer).

Re the contracts - yes we were advised to buy contracts (rather than write our own) to ensure the legal wording was correct - and also because parents are more likely to heed them if they think they are 'official' !!!

Thank you again!!

tulip0803
09-02-2011, 10:04 PM
As said above NCMA want you to use their contracts to get the full benefit of any legal help if you have a non paying parent.

I am still a member of the NCMA but have my PLI through MM. I still use NCMA contracts as I am used to them and happy with them. MM will allow you to use any contract even your own as long as it is "legally worded". That said I, personally, want to use an official contract to ensure that it is legal and "more official"

I use NCMA accident, medication etc as they have carbon backing sheets so parents can get a copy. I like the NCMA register but many others don't. I don't use their child record sheets, I use my own as mine have more info than NCMA ones.

Both NCMA & MM offer discounted products to people that have their policies/membership. Any work products bought can be put through your accounts