PDA

View Full Version : 'All about me NOW' - how often would you complete these?

button68
06-02-2011, 09:20 PM
I have decided to implement these 'All About Me NOW' forms....

One for me - http://www.southglos.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/CB84F222-3981-4DDF-93EC-0DE462DA5FB2/0/CYP090013.pdf

One for the parents - http://www.southglos.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/AD8288C0-88CF-4DB6-87FA-216FFE52B333/0/CYP090014.pdf

How often would you complete these/send out to parents?

sarah707
07-02-2011, 07:45 AM
Depends on the age of the child and the amount of time the child spends with me.

If it's a full timer then I would know them really well, so maybe 6 monthly...

If parents are not communicative at drop off / collection, maybe more often.

If it's a part timer then possibly a little more often - 3 times a year perhaps.

I also send out other bits and bobs - things that ask questions about what the child likes doing / reading / eating / watching on tv best at home.

Only thing I am thinking, with the changes that might be happening to the Eyfs it may be a mistake to set all your paperwork exactly following the wording - we do not know how it might be adapted yet.

Hth :D

miffy
07-02-2011, 07:49 AM
I send a similar sheet out once a term with the lj's but I also jot down anything parents/child/other settings tell me about what the child is doing/enjoying.

Miffy xx

button68
07-02-2011, 09:56 AM
Do you think these changes will be substaintial Sarah? :eek:

I'm worried as last time I was inspected was 5 weeks after the change over from B23 to EYFS. Consequently all my paperwork was a little weak, I'd had no EYFS training and wasn't sure what systems to implement.

I'm due inspection at the end of the year an would hate to be on the 'cusp' again :angry:

jane5
07-02-2011, 12:47 PM
Depends on the age of the child and the amount of time the child spends with me.

If it's a full timer then I would know them really well, so maybe 6 monthly...

If parents are not communicative at drop off / collection, maybe more often.

If it's a part timer then possibly a little more often - 3 times a year perhaps.

I also send out other bits and bobs - things that ask questions about what the child likes doing / reading / eating / watching on tv best at home.

Only thing I am thinking, with the changes that might be happening to the Eyfs it may be a mistake to set all your paperwork exactly following the wording - we do not know how it might be adapted yet.

:eek: eeerrrr what is this???!!!

I have heard nothing about this and as I have only just registered I am just about getting my head around things as it is :panic:

sarah707
07-02-2011, 05:52 PM
The Eyfs is up for review at the moment - it was one of the first things the new Govt implemented.

They have completed the consultation period and now they are deciding what changes they are going to make.

None of us have any idea what they are going to do to it ... it's a wait and see game.

Dame Clare Tickhill will provide a final report on the EYFS review in spring 2011 so it might not be long to wait now.