PDA

View Full Version : Valentines Ideas for little ones

catmax0779
06-02-2011, 07:42 PM
Hi everyone,
Does anybody have any ideas of an activity I can do with an 11 mth, 13 mth and 4 yr old. I'm sure there all loads of things that would be suitable for all of them but I am drawing a blank this evening.

mufftie
06-02-2011, 07:48 PM
How about heart shaped potato printing or sponge printing

Twinkles
06-02-2011, 08:00 PM
I made a sort of heart shaped mobile a couple of years ago.
Large heart , medium heart and small heart.

This year I am going to make them large enough for two to have handprints on and one to have a picture of the child.

String them together with ribbon ( no not the children ! ) large heart at the top small heart at the bottom.

Carpet Monkeys
06-02-2011, 09:02 PM
I've got some paper plates, going to let the children stick some hearts on it and also will have a verse about a hug to go on it (when my friends emails it to me), then coming out either side on some wall some red hand prints resembling the hug :)

runningmummy
06-02-2011, 09:06 PM
wow those ideas sound amazing, please, please add some pictures when you are finished so we can see them :thumbsup:

sonia ann
06-02-2011, 09:10 PM
i have put some twigs in a pot and have cut out some red heart shapes for the children to hang on the "tree", each child can decorate their heart for someone they love, by colouring ,painting ,sticking or adding glitter and the older ones can write a message on theirs to someone special..............great for psed

mufftie
06-02-2011, 10:16 PM
i have put some twigs in a pot and have cut out some red heart shapes for the children to hang on the "tree", each child can decorate their heart for someone they love, by colouring ,painting ,sticking or adding glitter and the older ones can write a message on theirs to someone special..............great for psed

I love this one :thumbsup:

magicminding
10-02-2011, 08:37 PM
This is what I did with my lot aged 6 months to 8 years,

heart shape
stuck on love heart shaped, and love heart sweets for eyes and nose, and cherry lips for mouths. Concertina 4 strips of card and make them into arms and legs off the heart.

hand print hands and feet, let dry, cut out and attach to strips of card.

Attach / write verse
"Wrap these arms around you, whenever I'm away
Now you can have a hug any time of day
Happy Valentines 2011

I have to say I am chuffed to bits with them, really easy to differentiate for younger / older ones, and everyone got to do something :)

Milli147
10-02-2011, 08:49 PM
Saw this the other day on somewhere...valentines suncatchers. Cut out two big hearts from red or pink cellophane, little ones can use glitter glue pens to decorate one side, then stick the other side over it and hang in the window. Thats what we're going to do anyway, I've ordered the cellophane from a florist supplier on ebay for £2!:)

keeks
10-02-2011, 08:53 PM
I've made (with a 12 month old, a 16 months old and a nearly 3 year old) cards where we stuck glue on the card, they glued a pre cut heart shape on then printed their hand print on top with the colour of their choosing.

Then they decorated by glueing little balls of tissue paper and shaking glitter all over. They were lovely cards and parents were very pleased.

Here is a picture of one who didn't put the tissue paper on his.

miffy
10-02-2011, 09:43 PM
I've made (with a 12 month old, a 16 months old and a nearly 3 year old) cards where we stuck glue on the card, they glued a pre cut heart shape on then printed their hand print on top with the colour of their choosing.

Then they decorated by glueing little balls of tissue paper and shaking glitter all over. They were lovely cards and parents were very pleased.

That looks lovely!

Miffy xx

jane5
10-02-2011, 11:18 PM

Thats really nice, I might borrow this one:blush:

bexcee
14-02-2011, 11:42 AM
This is what I did last year and am about to do it again (different children!)

bexcee
14-02-2011, 11:48 AM
This is what I did last year and am about to do it again (different children!)

Got it from here http://www.dltk-holidays.com/t.asp?b=m&t=http://www.dltk-holidays.com/valentines/images/bheartbutterfly.gif
then the children painted the hearts different colours.

Hope this work this time!

catlyn
14-02-2011, 01:43 PM
This is what I did with my lot aged 6 months to 8 years,

heart shape
stuck on love heart shaped, and love heart sweets for eyes and nose, and cherry lips for mouths. Concertina 4 strips of card and make them into arms and legs off the heart.

hand print hands and feet, let dry, cut out and attach to strips of card.

Attach / write verse
"Wrap these arms around you, whenever I'm away
Now you can have a hug any time of day
Happy Valentines 2011

I have to say I am chuffed to bits with them, really easy to differentiate for younger / older ones, and everyone got to do something :)

loved these so much we made them this morning...thanks xxx

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l98/lmcg123cat/DSCI0818.jpg

LittleStar's
14-02-2011, 03:27 PM
I have just cut loads of hearts out of foam and gold card, got the glitter out with sequins and they have had great fun sticking and making cards.

I have also printed some of those love heart ladybirds for the older ones to cut out and assemble after school... simples xx