PDA

View Full Version : Ok, so I'm really really dumb but....

Marshmallow
05-02-2011, 06:59 PM
:rolleyes: Whats the difference between the 2 courses

Diploma in Homebased Childcare &

level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce

Y'see I am half way through doing the Diploma in Homebased Childcare, and its been superceeded, :eek: so I believe by the level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce.
I had been told by the Childcare advisors that all Childminders had to do the Diploma in Homebased Childcare by 2015.

:panic: Oooo Its all so confusing ? :blush:

Please set me straight, there is no way I want to do any more full on courses ! I'm to dumb :(

Pipsqueak
05-02-2011, 09:10 PM
:rolleyes: Whats the difference between the 2 courses

Diploma in Homebased Childcare &

level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce

Y'see I am half way through doing the Diploma in Homebased Childcare, and its been superceeded, :eek: so I believe by the level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce.
I had been told by the Childcare advisors that all Childminders had to do the Diploma in Homebased Childcare by 2015.

:panic: Oooo Its all so confusing ? :blush:

Please set me straight, there is no way I want to do any more full on courses ! I'm to dumb :(

The DHC - what you are doing now - has been replaced by a one-size-fits-all course CYPOP's that has optional units that can tailor it to your choice of work. Bit like an NVQ. Its a more transferable qualification.

The DHC is very specific to homebased care. whereas CYPOPS you can 'bolt on' additional units.

The DHC will remain a valid level 3 qualification however

tulip0803
05-02-2011, 11:37 PM
As Pip says your level 3 qualification is still a valid one it has just been changed so that everyone that works with children has the same qualification. You will not need to do the new one - unless you want to in the future.

I have the Certificate in Childminding Practice which was before the DHC and it is still relevant, recognised and valid. I did it 10 years ago and have just completed the NVQ CCLD L3 not because it was a better or newer qualification but because I wanted to do it, it was offered free in my area and I wanted to update myself as a lot has changed in the last 10 years in childcare :thumbsup:

The DHC is specific to childminding and the CYPOP is more general and will be accepted in other jobs working with children more easily than DHC - that said I got a job as a playworker with my old CCP (childminding L3) as it is equivilent I just had to show them that I understood child development and planning.