PDA

View Full Version : CRB checks

Fandangles
19-04-2008, 08:57 AM
I am thinking of registering to become a childminder but I missed one of the briefing sessions so the first one I can go to is end of May. However I want to be fully registered before September and, as I understand that this can take three months, this will be a tight deadline to achieve. Is it worth me getting my CRB checks started now and, if so, do I have to go through Ofsted or are there any agencies recognised by Ofsted that I can use?

chubbymummy
19-04-2008, 03:43 PM
you can hav a crb check donebefore the breifing but my understanding is that yo will have to pay for it

if you wait for your breifing session you will be given your application to apply to ofsted plus all relevent information you will need to know etc

once you have sen off your application ofsted will contact you as they know that you are serious about becoming a childminder at this stage they will pay for the crb check

this is my understanding of what happens. others on here are uch better than me and may give you a better answer

all the best :thumbsup:

sarah707
19-04-2008, 09:12 PM
Tbh there is little use in applying for your own CRB as 90% of the time Ofsted will want their own done anyway - it's the way they work. I have friends with 3 or 4 CRBs as they work in different settings and need one for each. I have 2 as I am a governor at my local school...

Unfortunately these things cannot be rushed, you have no guarantee of being ready for a certain date. I would hate you to promise someone you will be registered, then the system lets you down... you will need plenty of patience I am afraid.

Fingers crossed it goes smoothly for you! :D

Fandangles
20-04-2008, 10:18 AM
Grumble, grumble, grumble....might have known nothing would be that easy....:( (doing my impression of toddler stamping when it doesn't get its own way!).

Still miracles might happen and Ofsted might get their finger out in time.......

sarah707
20-04-2008, 10:22 AM
Still miracles might happen and Ofsted might get their finger out in time.......

I hope so for you! :D

Fandangles
20-04-2008, 10:32 AM
Thanks Sarah. Patience has never been one of my virtues but then I suppose if I'm going to mind it is something I will have to practice!