PDA

View Full Version : When can you start advertising?

fieryleo1984
05-02-2011, 01:37 PM
Hi everyone when can you start advertising? I am not regisiter yet, i hope to be by april..if you have seen other threads I have posted you will hopefully know where I am upto.

Its just that I have seen a lady on childcare.co.uk that looks like she is desperate for childcare and she lives in my area..after talking to other cms in the area I believe they are all full!!! Demand is high here but Cm are low if that makes sense.

The lady in question wants care for twins age 9-10 months..thing is say I have to wait till Im registered would I be taking on to much anyway? I have a 15 month old of my own so would I be biting of more than I can chew so they say?

Any advice recieved with thanks!! xx:littleangel:

Mrs Pootle
05-02-2011, 03:33 PM
Hi, you can't advertise as a registered childminder until you are actually registered and have your Ofsted certificate.
There is no harm in letting people know you are in the process of becoming a childminder though.
You could maybe contact the person with twins and say you will have space once you are registered, and see if they are prepared to wait. You won't be able to complete a contract/take payment until you have your certificate though.
I would think that Ofsted will only register you for one child under the age of 1, and so when you are registered you will then need to contact ofsted and apply for a variation so you can look after twins. It's not guaranteed that ofsted will agree.

fieryleo1984
05-02-2011, 04:43 PM
Thanks hun, I think the website I talked about wants you to be registered first however I did look at some CM advertised but said in the information that they are yet to be registered and the date they hope to be. I dont want to get in trouble!

x