PDA

View Full Version : house and content insurer

clumpcat
04-02-2011, 07:43 PM
we have just tried to renew tonight our house and content insurance but our current provider won't cover us now that i'm a childminder. anyone else experienced this and do you know of a provider who does cover childminders?
thank you for your time
xx

Cammie Doodle
04-02-2011, 10:06 PM
Hi yes I have had this happen in the past, Im now with Morten Michel for contents, it worked out loads cheaper than my last insurer .:D

sweets
04-02-2011, 10:16 PM
a lot wont cover you for accidental damage and if they do then its very expensive. this didnt bother me when i starting minding as i never had it anyway.

when i renewed last year the cheapest qoute by far was from sheilas wheels.

you cant do it online tho you have to ring them up. as soon as you put occupation childminder in the box online it tells you the number to ring.

tulip0803
04-02-2011, 10:21 PM
I am insured by Direct Line until tomorrow when I change to Morton Michel. Their policy is specifically for childminders and was £70 cheaper han my renewal with less excess and better cover:D .

NCMA also do specific childminder cover. Churchill & Direct Line will cover childminders.

All with accidental damage:thumbsup:

clumpcat
05-02-2011, 12:30 PM
thank you for all your replies, ringing up for quotes this morning.

sheilas'wheels wouldn't insure me because i have more than 3 children in my house including my own!!!

madness

The Juggler
05-02-2011, 01:45 PM
that's bonkers I'm sure I've seen others with Sheila's wheels cover. Also I'm with LV and have great insurance but others have been refused as they childmind - seems totally crazy - might jsut be luck of the draw with the salesperson.

clumpcat
05-02-2011, 02:35 PM
churchill we have gone with as they are ok with me being a childminder and how many children and it was £189 for the year.
thanks for the replies x

Chatterbox Childcare
05-02-2011, 09:57 PM
I am with Churchill to - fantastic company to deal with if you need to claim

clumpcat
05-02-2011, 10:36 PM
thank you that is good to hear.
x

Snoops
12-02-2011, 09:04 PM
Thanks so much to all who contributed to this thread. I have saved £77 a month by going to Churchill (Direct Line's renewal quote was £103 p.m.) They don't even want to know your occupation whereas the AA wouldn't insure me because I am registered for 10 children, and Morton Michel wouldn't because my area is a flood risk. I am extremely happy, and thanks again.