PDA

View Full Version : Non contracted hours policy

sqwiggle
04-02-2011, 01:32 PM
Hello everyone, I have a family that are contracted to 10 hours a week but do use me more often. Im trying to think of a policy that says all hours that are agreed with me in advance are still payable in full even if you dont turn up for whatever reason.

For example contracted hours are monday and friday 9-2 but booked me in for an additional wednesday 7-5 and phoned to cancel wednesday morning at 7.30am. They dont think they should pay because they have completed contracted hours. :angry:

Im just struggling to put this down on paper and some help would be much appreciated. Thank you x

rickysmiths
04-02-2011, 02:50 PM
I wouldn't have a Policy for this it would be detailed on their contract. I put on contrats that four weeks notice of change of hours is required though may be accomodated with less notice and all booked time, wether used or not is paid for unless cancelled with 4 weeks notice.

Pipsqueak
04-02-2011, 04:15 PM
Everything would be detailed on the fees policy and on the contract.

If you want some wording:

All booked/contracted hours/days are payable ( in advance).
Additional hours to the contracted hours must be submitted in writing and agreed with me in advance otherwise I cannot guarantee that I can provide the hours. Additional hours will incur the charge of £ xxxx and these hours will be payable in advance.

Uncontracted and unarranged hours will be charged at £xxx per full hour/per child and added to your next bill.

sqwiggle
04-02-2011, 09:32 PM
That helps a lot, thank you :)

I'm just such a big softie but i need to get this sorted out. Im sure they just see me as a drop in babysitter :angry: