PDA

View Full Version : New Phil and Teds Explorer Help

littletreasures
04-02-2011, 12:31 PM
I bought the new Phil and Teds Explorer just before Christmas and I'm having a few issues.

So anyone else who has bought one please help.

The thing I liked when watching the Phil and Teds video was the one hand fold. You see the man fold and walk away carrying it.

With mine, when I try to fold it one handed the basket doesn't seem to fold and gets caught in the front wheel mudguard.

Also when I fold the pushchair, the frame seems to "pop" the sun hood off the frame on one side. I have definitely got the sunhood on properly and it only happens on one side.

Please let me know whether these are just my pushchair or if you are having issues as well.

I bought the pushchair online from a shop in Solihull and I live down south so not easy to take back.

Rubybubbles
04-02-2011, 12:58 PM
no idea hun :( mines an old E3 have to use both hands. Witrh regards to the hood, it may be on the wrong way, but not sure as no idea on how it goes together! the E3 has a hood 'rod' which if on wrong way will pop out one side.

Maybe you could go into mothercare? they sell them:)

littletreasures
04-02-2011, 01:03 PM
I know the hood's on the right way as there's a piece of velcro which goes at the back.

I think I'm going to have to go into Mothercare and have a look as you suggest.

I know there is an issue with the hoods, but not what I am describing. Apparently the hoods don't stay on when the pushchair is in use, mine does. It's only when I am folding it that it pops off.

I have emailed Phil and Teds and they have not been at all helpful. Telling me I have to go back to the retailer. I know I have to, but it would mean sending the pushchair back and I can't do without it as I haven't got another double buggy to use.

Thanks anyway

mufftie
04-02-2011, 04:38 PM
i'm fortunate i dont have to fold mine but ive just been to try and the basket is not a problem , i did have problems with the cup holder being knocked off when folded so ive ditched that now ,

maybe you have the mudguard fitted wrong , if i remember when i built it there were 2 slots , maybe its in the wrong one

anyway good luck

onceinabluemoon
04-02-2011, 08:04 PM
YES!!!!

I have had mine a week and one side of the hood pops off when it's folded, it gets knocked by the frame (if you wiggle the frame when it's closed you will see how).

My basket also gets caught, and I almost lost my fingers trying to fast fold it!!

Mine was incredibly hard to push until I shoved a load of grease on the axles and front wheel hub! Not what I was expecting at all! I got mine from kiddicare so am going to contact them about the hood and see what they say.

littletreasures
04-02-2011, 08:13 PM
Yay, somebody else. Thought it was just me!
They put the wrong clips on some of the hoods, but mines got the right ones on, so it's not that

Great, thank you. Let me know what Kiddicare say. I got mine from babybabyonline. I am going to go to Mothercare tomorrow to have a look at theirs and get them to have a look at mine.

So that's 2 of us, I wonder how many more. It's so frustrating because I fold that buggy probably 4 times a day and I have to do it every time. Not much fun in the pouring rain

mufftie
04-02-2011, 08:21 PM
Hi sorry my stupid IPod wouldnt allow me to type A reply to your private message but yes mines the latest explorer and I hadn't noticed before, as like I said I don't need to fold mine (lucky me) but Ive just tried mine and yes the hood does cAtch on one side and come off
If you find a solution I'd like to know as one day I may like to keep it folded

I do think it's awkward to unfold aswel do you ? I find it difficult to pull the front wheel out from underneath

littletreasures
04-02-2011, 08:56 PM
Yes, it is hard awkward to unfold. I've watched videos on YouTube to see if I'm doing it wrong.

The pushchair frames getting really scratched up as well. I had a 3 year old Out n about that looked better than this one does and it's only a couple of months old.

Where did you get yours from?

We'll see what MothercarebsonI say tomorrow. They may not want to know as I didn't get it from them but it's worth a try.

mufftie
04-02-2011, 09:06 PM
I did get mine from mothercare direct and snap I have a nipper 360 aswel much better all round , nicer to push and much more hard wearing , the only plus point to the phil and teds Is it's a single aswel

littletreasures
04-02-2011, 09:10 PM
I did get mine from mothercare direct and snap I have a nipper 360 aswel much better all round , nicer to push and much more hard wearing , the only plus point to the phil and teds Is it's a single aswel

Which is why I bought the P&T. I loved my nipper but didn't need a double every day. I also find the handle bar gets really dirty because of the folding. I bought a cover from eBay which helps.

If you bought it from MothercarebsonI it might be a good idea for you to take yours in too and see what they say

onceinabluemoon
04-02-2011, 10:01 PM
OMG I have a Out & About 360 too, lol!

How bizarre!

How do you know if you have the wrong clips?

littletreasures
04-02-2011, 10:10 PM
There's a picture of them here

http://philandteds.com/news/2010/10/wacky-sunhood/

onceinabluemoon
05-02-2011, 07:31 AM
Thanks, looks as if I have the right ones, they're just rubbish...

littletreasures
05-02-2011, 11:39 AM
Took my pushchair in to the local Mothercareworld and spoke to a very nice lady.

They haven't had anybody bring their pushchairs back because of this, but she tried the shop floor one and it did exactly the same thing.

She is going to phone Phil and Ted's on Monday and see what they say and let me know.

As I was walking out the store somebody stopped me and said theirs does exactly the same thing. His wife had just bought it because she has just become a childminder and it's frustrating her as well.

So, i will let you know what happens.

mufftie
05-02-2011, 04:14 PM
Please do x

littletreasures
14-02-2011, 05:03 PM
Mothercare haven't phoned me back yet. I tried to phone them at the end of last week, but they hadn't got through to Phil and Teds.

I spoke to the shop that I bought the pushchair from online. Apparently, P&T are aware of the problem. The clips are too small and they will be sending new hoods out, so it would be worth your while phoning or going into the shop where you got yours from and they should be able to get you a new hood.

onceinabluemoon
15-02-2011, 06:57 PM
Contacted Kiddicare about mine today and they are sending me out a new hood. I'm so glad you posted or I possibly would not have gotten around to reporting it.

Any luck with getting yours sorted yet?

littletreasures
15-02-2011, 07:12 PM
I've just got to wait for the new hoods to come in.

Glad you spoke to kiddicare. Hope they send you one that's had the improvements done and not the same as what you've got.

Let me know