PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork for Temporary Mindee?

Stella Mc
04-02-2011, 12:17 PM
Hi Everyone,
I've had an enquiry from a lady who is desperate for me to look after her little boy until either she finds another childminder or until I go on maternity leave in 3 weeks time, whichever is sooner. I'm just wondering as I've never had any ad hoc or temporary mindees, what paperwork do I need to do for her and what forms will I need to get her to fill in etc? I'm guessing I don't need contracts etc, maybe I need to type up a seperate mini contract stating agreed hours of pay etc? Permission forms, and anything else?
Stella x

catlyn
04-02-2011, 12:23 PM
I'd be interested in the answer to this as well...a mum has asked me to have her 10year old in the half term holiday and i was wondering what i needed to do about paperwork etc

Ripeberry
04-02-2011, 01:21 PM
NCMA do temporary contracts for up to 28 days. Or you can do your own. Just make sure you get payment up front!:thumbsup:

Daftbat
04-02-2011, 04:47 PM
Just amend your standard contract to confirm the period of time you will be caring for the child. Having the contract in place will confirm the issues around payment times etc.

Stella Mc
04-02-2011, 04:53 PM
Thank you! Its to start Monday so I wouldn't have time to get the NCMA contracts, I could type something up and get mum to sign, but I'm not sure what I need to put in it? I've never met them before, I would have to get them to pop over at the weekend to sign everything, I'm guessing they need to fill in a child record form anyway since I will need emergencey contacts etc. Hmm it all seems so rushed and not ideal with not having time for settling in sessions etc but I'm just thinking that I go on maternity leave in 4 weeks with potentially no money until my maternity allowance gets processed and I just don't think I can turn it down! I was thinking about charging each week in advance as we go as it would be a lot of money to expect all upfront, and then if they didn't turn up one monday it wouldn't really bother me as they had already paid for the hours worked, what do you reckon?
Stella x