PDA

View Full Version : New Childminding Regulations - Wales

sarah707
04-02-2011, 10:42 AM
I wondered if anyone has copies yet of the new regulations for Wales that are due to come into force in April 2011.

Do you know of a website where I might be able to read them or do you know when they due out in paper format?

Thank you! :D

Polly2
04-02-2011, 12:24 PM
We discussed this at our ncma forum meeting. The chap there said they were still in draft format he was not sure when they would be published.

Theres a bit of info on them in the latest who minds mag but not much :rolleyes:

manjay
04-02-2011, 12:27 PM
As Holly says they are not available yet:rolleyes: ! No surprise really as we have to implement them in a few months. The info in Who Minds does give a basic idea of what is changing but they haven't been finalised yet

tracey36
04-02-2011, 12:28 PM
they are in this months ncma magazine if you have one of those

manjay
04-02-2011, 12:29 PM
they are in this months ncma magazine if you have one of those

They are not the regulations though, just an idea of what's changing

sarah707
04-02-2011, 02:37 PM
Ok thank you! So nothing concrete yet really then...

I don't get that magazine I'll have to have a chat with a friend who does.

Thanks! :D

Polly2
04-02-2011, 03:14 PM
Not a lot in there really

Basically its that providers may not have to provide a statement to cssiw about planning permission.

updated safeguards to do with others on the premises

voluntary suspension of registration, career break or illness etc allowed

notification of death of a registered person must be given within 14 days

exceptions - care between 6pm and 2am, care under 2 hrs and care for over 8's remain outside regulations.

From what we looked at there were still a lot of problems to iron out. They need to get theri skates on if we are to implement by April :eek:

alihatherall
11-03-2011, 12:41 PM
http://wales.gov.uk/cssiwsubsite/newcssiw/aboutus/providingsocialcare/childservices/childregs/?lang=en

Then they'e the first link under Children's day care for under 8's
External links:

I'm just amending some of my policies then probably next week I'll have my pre-reg inspection. My inspector has told me I need to register before March 31st or I'll have all sorts of complications due to these new regs. If you compare them they do seem rather different, the numbering and titles etc!

webbthomas
12-03-2011, 08:54 PM
I'm reading this post with great interest, and an element of worry :panic:
I'm in the pre-reg stage, just writing up my P&P and I will not be registered before April 2011 - can anyone please advise me how these new regs impact upon registrations post April 2011??
Thanks for your help :) :D

manjay
13-03-2011, 01:48 PM
I'm reading this post with great interest, and an element of worry :panic:
I'm in the pre-reg stage, just writing up my P&P and I will not be registered before April 2011 - can anyone please advise me how these new regs impact upon registrations post April 2011??
Thanks for your help :) :D

NCMA Cymru are still working to get clarification on the new regs. However I would carry on and write your P & Ps as normal. You may need to make a few alterations in response to the new regs but not many.

manjay
13-03-2011, 02:03 PM
http://wales.gov.uk/cssiwsubsite/newcssiw/aboutus/providingsocialcare/childservices/childregs/?lang=en

Then they'e the first link under Children's day care for under 8's
External links:

I'm just amending some of my policies then probably next week I'll have my pre-reg inspection. My inspector has told me I need to register before March 31st or I'll have all sorts of complications due to these new regs. If you compare them they do seem rather different, the numbering and titles etc!

I think what you do need to bear in mind is that the link you provide is to the Childminding and Daycare Regulations legislation. So it applies to all day care. What we work from currently is the Childminding National Minimum Standards (which will be produced from this legislation specifically for Childminders) so that is why the numbers do not correspond.

alihatherall
13-03-2011, 04:58 PM
I did all of my policies and procedures according to the National Minimum Standards (even though in the application from it referred to the standards and the regulations) so my policies are all numbered according the NMS e.g. 17 Complaints Policy. However when my inspector was sending me emails/letter about which I had to amend she was referring to them by their regulation number e.g. Complaints (Regulation 14). I got confused by this :blush: and asked her where I'd find these regulation numbers, she replied with:

"You need to look on CSSIW website to find the Regulations 2002 and save them. One of the questions I need to ask you at your home visit is about Regulations and National Minimum Standards. You will need to refer to the Amended regulations dated 2006, in order to complete the Complaints policy"

I also asked her why we weren't referring to the 2010 regulations (again :blush: ) and she replied:

"The 2010 regulations don't come into force until 1st April. Make sure your registration is completed before 31st March otherwise you'll have all sorts of complications."

Her words, not mine! Although they correspond she is saying I need to know about both the regulations and the NMS.

manjay
13-03-2011, 05:04 PM
I did all of my policies and procedures according to the National Minimum Standards (even though in the application from it referred to the standards and the regulations) so my policies are all numbered according the NMS e.g. 17 Complaints Policy. However when my inspector was sending me emails/letter about which I had to amend she was referring to them by their regulation number e.g. Complaints (Regulation 14). I got confused by this :blush: and asked her where I'd find these regulation numbers, she replied with:

"You need to look on CSSIW website to find the Regulations 2002 and save them. One of the questions I need to ask you at your home visit is about Regulations and National Minimum Standards. You will need to refer to the Amended regulations dated 2006, in order to complete the Complaints policy"

I also asked her why we weren't referring to the 2010 regulations (again :blush: ) and she replied:

"The 2010 regulations don't come into force until 1st April. Make sure your registration is completed before 31st March otherwise you'll have all sorts of complications."

Her words, not mine! Although they correspond she is saying I need to know about both the regulations and the NMS.

and she is absolutely right although my inspector has never mentioned the specifics of the regulations to me (and she is very picky). The regulations that are in force now are from 2002 but they will change to the updated ones on 1st April. There was a statutory instrument (amendment to regulations) that was passed in 2006 which changed a couple of the regulations for instance, complaints and quality of care review. I think it
is a bit pedantic of her to expect you to know all the regulations and then the NMS too! Or maybe she just wanted you to be aware of the amendments!

As far as we have been advised there realy is very little difference between the two that will affect us in a major way:thumbsup:

alihatherall
13-03-2011, 05:18 PM
and she is absolutely right although my inspector has never mentioned the specifics of the regulations to me (and she is very picky). The regulations that are in force now are from 2002 but they will change to the updated ones on 1st April. There was a statutory instrument (amendment to regulations) that was passed in 2006 which changed a couple of the regulations for instance, complaints and quality of care review. I think it
is a bit pedantic of her to expect you to know all the regulations and then the NMS too! Or maybe she just wanted you to be aware of the amendments!

As far as we have been advised there realy is very little difference between the two that will affect us in a major way:thumbsup:

Yer, I had to refer to the amendment to update my Complaints Policy, I hope that's all she'll want me to know! Even if I read throught the regulations there's no way I'd remember them, and I'll only be able to refer to the Standards in a vague way!! I'm getting nervous now!!