PDA

View Full Version : Environmental Health

mrsbonnet
04-02-2011, 09:59 AM
I've spoken to my local EH team as I want to do meals for mindees. They have sent a form and will be arranging a visit.

Does anyone know what I can expect? Obviously I'll clean kitchen and make sure food in fridge is in the right place (not got thermometer yet but will).

Sally West
04-02-2011, 11:04 AM
I had one last year! The man was really friendly, i'd scrubed the kitchen, cleaned the fridge! It looked like new :) He was here 5 minutes, stood in one place and had a quick glance round. He never checked the fridge/freezer temps or any of my equipment. He just said you kitchen is perfect for food prep and signed to say he had been!:jump for joy: I spent a whole day cleaning tiles, skirting etc and he was in and out. As long as you can tell him the temps the fridge/freezer need to be and what temp food should be served at there happy with that!

mama2three
04-02-2011, 12:01 PM
do you have the safer food better business for childminders publication? It outlines all the procedures , my eho mainly wanted to know if I used and updated it and had a very quick look round the kitchen

mrsbonnet
04-02-2011, 01:23 PM
thanks all