PDA

View Full Version : Extortionate booking fees.....

jumpinjen
02-02-2011, 05:32 PM
I home educate my daughter and we have been reading roald dahl's 'George's Marevelous Medicine'. I found out it was on at the Alex in Birmingham and cheerfully went on line to book tickets as a treat (she's never been to the theatre before). Anyway......

ticket for child £12.50, booking fee £3.50

ticket for adult £16.00, booking fee £3.75

I couldn't believe it..... and this for an online self-chosen seat booking system, and all they then have to do is print and post the tickets to you!!!!

I got round it by asking a friend in Brum to go to the Alex and buy them direct, and there was then no booking fee at all!

i think it's awful, and ticketmaster was the only on-line seller of the tickets.

jenni x

PixiePetal
02-02-2011, 05:33 PM
Booking fees do my head in too - way over the top prices :angry:

jumpinjen
02-02-2011, 05:39 PM
We wouldn't have gone if my friends hadn't offered to get them for me, it's so wrong, imagine if you were booking seats for a family of four or five..... nearly £20 in booking fees.... i wouldn't have minded one flat fee on top of the whole transaction as that's standard but i was really annoyed.... gonna tell the alex what i think about them only selling through ticket master when i go!!

jen :(

Mouse
02-02-2011, 05:55 PM
That's disgusting.

I don't mind so much paying a one order fee, but to pay that much for each ticket is dreadful.

gigglinggoblin
02-02-2011, 06:16 PM
I booked some tickets for a concert through ticketmaster, got the best seats I could which were right at the back. Next time I looked there were loads all over, really near the front! I emailed them to ask if I could swap and they said no, all the others must have been reserved in peoples baskets which is total tosh, they had been on sale for ages. I would avoid them in future.

ajs
02-02-2011, 10:18 PM
mindeesa mum was going to buy her Justin Beiber tickets and although they were £45 each she said she didn't mind that as much as the £8 each ticket booking fee that was on top of the £45.

crooks the lot of them

louise
03-02-2011, 11:14 AM
Fees are so annoying. I don't mind a flat rate but each!!
I went with my son and a group of friends to see Georges Maverlous medicine last week. It was really good but it is slightly different then the book at the start. Also Granny isn't skinny. When taking ds to the theatre I now check if any of my friends want to come as we were all going most of the time. If we can we do a group booking which cuts thge price a bit and the kids all enjoy being together. I take it the Alex is quite big. Our tickets were £15 for two should of been £12 for adult £8 for a child.
With Ticketmaster, Mil ordered tickets for the ice show they came yesterday we went to see it on 16th jan!

FussyElmo
03-02-2011, 12:49 PM
Just had this with our theatre when dd was dancing there. The tickets were on sale for £8 each. Was going to book online but the tickets were £9.30 and then they wanted a booking fee on top so for three tickets it was £32.60 instead of £24 needless to say we went and collected them. Total rip of it is.

wendywu
03-02-2011, 01:02 PM
The 02 charge me £1.75 on top of the Titanic Exhibition ticket price just to collect them from the box office :panic: pure rip off.:angry:

jumpinjen
03-02-2011, 07:24 PM
Fees are so annoying. I don't mind a flat rate but each!!
I went with my son and a group of friends to see Georges Maverlous medicine last week. It was really good but it is slightly different then the book at the start. Also Granny isn't skinny. When taking ds to the theatre I now check if any of my friends want to come as we were all going most of the time. If we can we do a group booking which cuts thge price a bit and the kids all enjoy being together. I take it the Alex is quite big. Our tickets were £15 for two should of been £12 for adult £8 for a child.
With Ticketmaster, Mil ordered tickets for the ice show they came yesterday we went to see it on 16th jan!

Gosh, my tickets were £12 for a child and £16 for mine!!!! I'd plan to see more thatre things if the tickets were priced more like two for £15 but there weren't any deals or anything available..... I might try organising a group trip for one though... good idea, thanks, Jen x