PDA

View Full Version : Bank Holidays?

LucyatMCM
30-01-2011, 10:25 AM
Hi there,

Do you charge for Bank Holidays? If you do doesn't that mean that you have to be available if the parent does want you? Is this in addition to the holiday that you say you will take or included? Many thanks.

Rmead
30-01-2011, 12:54 PM
I've decided to work Bank holidays as my husband works in retail and always tends to work them so they're never a holiday for us! I'm charging slightly more for bank holidays - £4 instead of £3.50.

Hebs
30-01-2011, 01:26 PM
i charge normal fees for a bank holiday if i dont work it, and double fees if i do work it :D

~Grasshopper~
30-01-2011, 03:07 PM
hi.

i do not work bank holidays and do not charge for them. x

clio0602
30-01-2011, 03:12 PM
i charge normal fees for a bank holiday if i dont work it, and double fees if i do work it :D

Me too! :-D

Mouse
30-01-2011, 03:17 PM
I am available to work most bank holidays. The only ones I don't do are Christmas & New Year, which fall in my holiday time anyway & for which I don't charge.

For the others I am available to work if parents book the days at least 4 weeks in advance. If children do come to me, I charge double fee. If they don't come I charge my normal fee as I an available, but parents are chosing not to bring the children, so it counts as their day off.

Rmead
30-01-2011, 04:09 PM
Maybe I should charge more! And yes if parents don't use me for them they need to pay normal rate.

mrs_scottydog
30-01-2011, 04:30 PM
My DH doesn't work Bank Holidays so neither do I. I don't charge as I'm not available to work Hx

babs
30-01-2011, 04:56 PM

me too....

rickysmiths
30-01-2011, 05:34 PM
I've decided to work Bank holidays as my husband works in retail and always tends to work them so they're never a holiday for us! I'm charging slightly more for bank holidays - £4 instead of £3.50.

Golly you are kind. I charge for Bank Holidays and I am available to work. I require 4 weeks notice to work and charge double fee if I do for all BH except Christmas and I charge triple fee if I work on Christmas day, Boxing Day or New Years Day. If I don't work I charge their normal fee.

In 16yrs of minding I have only ever been asked to work on one Boxing Day.

Chimps Childminding
30-01-2011, 06:00 PM
My DH doesn't work Bank Holidays so neither do I. I don't charge as I'm not available to work Hx

Same here! :thumbsup: