PDA

View Full Version : Cinema Trip

button68
29-01-2011, 09:06 AM
Which area of Learning and development would a trip to the cinema come under? :eek:

At the begining of the month I took two mindees, aged just 3 and almost 4, to the cinema to see Princess Frog. Neither had ever been to the cinema before and I really thought it may go belly up - we chatted about what it would be like inside (dark, lots of seats and a BIG tv :D )

It was a roaring success neither messed about, they behaved perfectly and when we came out they had a million questions :rolleyes:

Well for the rest of the month my intended planning (winter; penguins, ice etc.) has been more or less cast aside in favour of Fairytales and I have got some cracking ob's from all that ;)

Anyway, back to the initial cinema trip. I haven't actually logged it in their LJ's but obviously have a few references/links to the fairytale stuff we have done. I have dark and murkey photo's taken of the two of them at they cinema and would like to used them.

So which area of L&D could I place a trip to the cinema under?? and does it matter that my long term planning of 'Winter' got cast aside?

sarah707
29-01-2011, 12:14 PM
All of them!

Psed - sitting together, sharing an experience

Cll - questioning, talking about the outing

Psr&n - size of the screen - lots of mathematical language

Kuw - communities, sense of place

Pd - sitting, being safe in a new place

Cd - crafts children did after they left the cinema linked to the experience...

Etc :D

button68
29-01-2011, 06:59 PM
All of them!

Psed - sitting together, sharing an experience

Cll - questioning, talking about the outing

Psr&n - size of the screen - lots of mathematical language

Kuw - communities, sense of place

Pd - sitting, being safe in a new place

Cd - crafts children did after they left the cinema linked to the experience...

Etc :D

Really!!!! :eek: I was thinking PSED but thought it was a bit tenious - I still have no confidence of guessing (and believe me half the time it is guessing) the right L&D area.

Thank you :)