PDA

View Full Version : Access audit

Boris
28-01-2011, 09:53 PM
Hi all,
Can anyone help with an access audit? I know what it needs to say but no idea how to lay it all out. Has anyone got one they are prepared to share so I can get an idea? Thanks so much x

rickysmiths
28-01-2011, 11:13 PM
What do you mean by an Access Audit and who has asked you to do one?

Is it to demonstrate the physical accessability to your setting. or is it how accessable you are as a setting to disabled, visually impared, hearing impared etc.?

Is it in terms of Inclusion?

keeks
29-01-2011, 07:35 AM
I have got a printed one from Leeds city council, which seems to have disappeared from their website.

Miss Mopple had it saved in her documents on this thread http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=70104

xx

sarah707
29-01-2011, 07:56 AM
I used the Leeds one as a basis for mine as well but I can't find it on the web any more.

It's just a matter of considering how you would manage disability and inclusion.

The Equality Act 2010 has superseded the Disability Act now, so have a look at that too.

Hth :D

Boris
30-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Thanks all. I've tried to look for the Leeds one too without any luck. Do we definately need one of these?

@rickysmiths - no one has asked me to do one but I remeber reading somewhere we should have one?! Not sure where I saw that though! Have you got one?

mama2three
31-01-2011, 08:16 AM
I used the Leeds one too , Have to say that although Mrs O was impressed that I had even considered how I could accomodate additional needs I have never had to use it at all. If a parent of a child approached us for care we would look at the individual needs and how we could adapt etc , rather than using a coverall document.

Toothfairy
31-01-2011, 08:46 PM
I have one which I just tried to put a link to but the file is too big.
If you PM me your email address I will email it to you.