PDA

View Full Version : ICT

JCrakers
28-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Hello...

I dont have a PC downstairs so kids don't have access to it. Hubbie has a laptop which can be bought downstairs but don't think he'd be too pleased if he found out i'd let the children at it...:D He goes crazy when our own two kids are found downloading some game to play.

For the younger children ive got toys that play music,switch on and off, buttons, flaps etc. got play phone etc. but for the older children 22months+ I m not sure what I can do?
We do the pressing of the traffic light button...I also have a CD player with a microphone.

Any help

becky xx

Baildon bears
28-01-2011, 01:40 PM
Yes having access to a computer to really good for the children but it can be very expensive to get one just for your childminding, so just at the moment I would not worry. You can get V-tect consoles quite cheap on e-bay, You could also look at play with torches, batterie operated toys, remote controlled cars, a good one is a crane my children are fasinated by it moving back and forth, up and down. These things all cover ICT

mama2three
28-01-2011, 01:56 PM
how about cameras , cd players , vtech games , remote control toys..

grindal
28-01-2011, 02:07 PM
We were given a Vtech smile game for DS1 and 2 recently. It works through your tv with joys sticks to move a character around on the screen. You see them on e bay from time to time. My 18month old is fascinated by it. Safer thenletting them loose on a PC or laptop. lots of them on e bay or amazon

AnnieM
28-01-2011, 09:59 PM
I have the my first leapad, LO's used to love it. :thumbsup:

rickysmiths
28-01-2011, 11:09 PM
You can get little White Boards with a button for them to record something about their drawing or writing and share with parents. Little recording buttons for recording one word or sound so when a younger child hits it the can hear the word or sound.

Recordable Photo albums. They can take photos and then record a replayable caption.

I personally don't have a computer availble, I'm not good enough myself to feel confident about using them with the children. Most of the parents have even the youngest using them, they have them in pre-school and on up now so I feel they are not loosing out by not having access in my setting.

miffy
28-01-2011, 11:14 PM
This is a great site full of ideas about how to provide ICT

http://ictearlyyears.e2bn.org/index.php

Miffy xx

keeks
29-01-2011, 07:49 AM
This is a great site full of ideas about how to provide ICT

http://ictearlyyears.e2bn.org/index.php

Miffy xx

Thanks Miffy, that's really useful.

xx

JCrakers
01-02-2011, 04:27 PM
thanks everyone...great ideas :D

braichey
25-02-2011, 03:27 PM
have you seen the vtech mobigo. its only just come out but its fantastic. touch screen with slide out keyboard, different cartriges for different interests like shreck and mickey, princess etc. Its educational so focuses on numeracy, shapes, language, word use. Costs £50 new and cartridges are £17 not quite a laptop but really usefull!!:thumbsup: