PDA

View Full Version : Registration Visit

Bexboo1
28-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm new on here, but have already find the site so helpful.

I've got my registration visit next week and am really nervous :panic: . What kind of things we I be asked and what will she want to see?

Any help/tips will be appreciated. :jump for joy:

Thanks

swindonminder
31-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Hi there

No need to be nervous your regisatration visit is not an inspection its just so Ofsted can get to know you and see your home. It will be informal and very relaxed.
When I had my visit she had a quick look through my policies, procedures and risk assessments. She didnt want to see any other paper work though.
We had a relaxed chat, she asked me what I thought safeguarding children meant,what food I would be providing(she didnt want to see a menu though) she asked how I would share information about the child to their parents and there feedback(LJ, daily diary,parent questionnaire, newletters etc).

I wouldnt worry to much,if they feel you need to action anything before you start minding they will let you know.

Also I was told on that day how many children I would be abe to have,which was great.

Good Luck, :)

Jo Jo
31-01-2011, 02:09 PM
Good Luck with your visit, i've sent my health declaration to the doctor to sign once thats done i will be sending off my registration forms, im so nervous lol
Hope all goes okay
Jo Jo :clapping:
Just had a call from the doctors surgery my form is ready to pick up only cost £20, best get sending my forms :laughing: