PDA

View Full Version : drafty door

mrsmaggy
28-01-2011, 07:19 AM
There is a real bad draft coming through my back door and my hallway is absolutely freezing, I have tried putting on a draft seal on but the door wont close then, any ideas please?

Sorry if my spelling of draft is wrong :blush:

gegele
28-01-2011, 07:42 AM
i would go back to the old mehod and put a curtains. we do it a lot in france, up north, best thing against draft.
:thumbsup:

mrsmaggy
28-01-2011, 07:43 AM
i would go back to the old mehod and put a curtains. we do it a lot in france, up north, best thing against draft.
:thumbsup:

I've got a curtain up but its not working :angry:

sarah707
28-01-2011, 07:56 AM
I used to have a draughty wooden door and had a curtain - a big thick velvet one that went all the way across my hallway including the door and sides.

it sat partly on the floor and there was a sausage dog behind it... that worked for a while but the curtain was a nightmare to wash!! :laughing:

I eventually bought a new door and my hall is lovely and warm now :D

Bridey
28-01-2011, 08:31 AM
I went to a craft evening the other day and one of the ladies was making draft excluder sausages out of the legs of old jeans!

PixiePetal
28-01-2011, 08:46 AM
I need a heavy curtain and the seal stuff.

Original Victorian door so can't change that :rolleyes:

ajs
28-01-2011, 08:49 AM
I need a heavy curtain and the seal stuff.

Original Victorian door so can't change that :rolleyes:

snap but i am so tempted
i bolt my door shut and use a sausage the bolting it straightens it out so there's less draught but it doesn't atop it completely

and i have a tiled hall floor which although wonderfully cool in summenr is ****** freezing in winter

rickysmiths
28-01-2011, 09:30 AM
I have a big thick Velvet curtain does the trick!

PixiePetal
28-01-2011, 09:35 AM
snap but i am so tempted
i bolt my door shut and use a sausage the bolting it straightens it out so there's less draught but it doesn't atop it completely

and i have a tiled hall floor which although wonderfully cool in summenr is ****** freezing in winter

got a tiled floor too - can't go without my slippers!

think we have the door curtain fixings which were here originally in the shed - need a clean up and SIL is a seamstress and does curtains etc. Might set her on the job when she house/dog sits when we go on holiday :thumbsup:

DH put a temp porch on back doorway. Think it will stay now and add some stabe doors so I can open top part in the summer and shut down for winter!