PDA

View Full Version : Australia Day

Stormy
26-01-2011, 08:56 AM
Thought I would share this with you all, this is what my little ones will be making today

http://www.activityvillage.co.uk/koala_mask.pdf

Toothfairy
26-01-2011, 09:05 AM
Thats fab :thumbsup:

We are making/decorating Boomerangs & Digeridoo's (sp?) this morning and baking Lamington's this afternoon.

Stormy
26-01-2011, 09:46 AM
Anzac biscuits to follow later :)

tashaleee
26-01-2011, 10:59 AM
Thanks... will do that this afternoon after lunch... have already made orange and almond anzac biscuits (was going to do lamingtons but the LO is a bit young to be able to do much....)

teacake2
26-01-2011, 02:34 PM
We have been kangaroos hopping this morning, koala bears hiding in a tree (pretend), spiders crawling and snakes slithering, and sugar gliders flying through the air. We had an indoor barbeque, the children (all 2yrs), made their own on the toy george foreman grill while I made, we had the obvious burgers and sausages and had lamingtons for afters.
We listened to some music by my friend from Oz who is a singer/songwriter over there and he recorded a few native songs and sent them to me for the children to listen to.
He and his lovely wife are expecting twins in the summer and have asked me if I would like to be their childminder, I would love to but it is a bit too far to commute, such a pity though, but I don't like the spiders and things anyway so a non-starter really.:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Teacake2

Suebb1
26-01-2011, 10:00 PM
I laminated lots of photos ofAustralian animals and played games of snap, pairs and lotto with the little ones today.