PDA

View Full Version : Refused Registration?

princess72
25-01-2011, 07:57 PM
I've been looking into becoming a registered childminder in scotland.
Theres alot of fees which are all non refundable. financial statement, application fee, disclosure etc.

i'm worried i pay for all this just to get refused registration.
i'm a 21 yearr old full time single mum, i'm always dipping into my overdraft at the bank, i live in in an 8th floor flat without a garden, and i have a dog.

has anyone been refused registration or knows anyone who has? what was their reason for refusal?
any advice would be great!

guest4
25-01-2011, 08:11 PM
Everybody has different qualities to offer. Some live in flats, some live on farms in acres of land...... you just have to prove how you are going to give the children the balance of activities and provision that are expected.
I expect there is a local park or play area to you, to make up for lack of outdoor space where you live??

Just have a think about your strengths and focus on those if you really want to make a go of a career in Childminding.

Have fun, let us know how you get on or what you decide:)

Tracey x

arly
25-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Like Tracy said above its what you make of the space and surroundings and what you can offer. The disclosure expense was paid by Care Commission I just had my financial fee and reg fee but all these can be put through as business expenses for start up. Im a new childminder aswell and I have spent a good bit getting things set up and buying resources but its all worth it and Im glad I done it..............goodluck whatever you decide. :clapping:

princess72
25-01-2011, 11:01 PM
great!
i know it's what i want to do with my life, and i can happily say that i am great with kids and will find the job very rewarding!
what sort of things do they ask you at your pre-registration inspection?
i'm very nervous about it all as you can probably tell. :P

arly
26-01-2011, 10:35 AM
I know how you feel..nervous not the word but believe me you will be fine and after it you will wonder what all the nerves were about! :clapping: I had done my application form and policies/procedures and sent it all away together some send just the application then wait until they had 1st visit from CC before doing policies etc so at my 1st visit she just commented on policies and i just had to tweak a wee bit here and there, she will check the premises and regards what safety measures you will need to put in place...its all very relaxed they are there to guide you on your 1st visit so dont worry :)

am saying she but it could be a he just my CC officer a lady. :laughing:

princess72
26-01-2011, 03:00 PM
thanks, how many pre-registration visits are there?
i thought there was just one, so was pinicking that i'd mess it up. if theres more then at least i'll get to improve anywhere where i need to and make adjustments to the safety of the home if needed. :)

arly
31-01-2011, 01:33 PM
I had 2 visits, 1st 1 was just an informal chat and to view the premises this to me is for them to see if we are up for being a childminder and just to guide you on what safety issues etc for child proofing your house. I have 3 kids of my own so it was already child proof..lol just had to put an extra lock on my gate outside. The 2nd visit was bit more in depth with questions etc what would you do etc etc and they take all the info to their boss who then makes final decision. :clapping: well worth the wait.x