PDA

View Full Version : pre-reg check

ammy144
24-01-2011, 05:14 PM
hi
i hv sent my crb forms,preparing for me pre-reg visit.I don't have smoke alarm,fire blanket and didn't buy first aid kit too.could anybody advice where i get these things cheaper???DO these things are must to have for my pre reg check or i will have them later after mrs o confirms my registeration.Is there any other things i must have for pre-reg visit,pls advice:panic:

Rmead
24-01-2011, 08:03 PM
You don't need them at your visit, you just need to know that you need them/tell Mrs O you will get them. I made a to do list and a wish list of equipment and showed these to the inspector. I did have my fire blanket but haven't put my first aid kit together yet. First Aid kit wise you can buy a readymade one but I'm making my own using St Johns Ambulance online supplies as they are cheap/was recommended by my first aid teacher and then using a green tupperware box. They just must have the official first aid sticker/sign on them but you can buy that from St Johns supplies too.

Blackcat
24-01-2011, 10:47 PM
fire blanket from lidl £4.99 this week

ammy144
25-01-2011, 10:51 AM
thankyou for your advice.

Aimi-jo
25-01-2011, 11:54 AM
There are ofsted approved first aid kits on ebay for less than £15, Fire blanket is coming with PL insurance. From reading lots of threads i think the most important thing you do is read and have understanding of the 'preparing for your visit' booklet from ofsted. Good luck x