PDA

View Full Version : Watch what you enter into!!!

Jess214
24-01-2011, 04:43 PM
A while ago someone posted a link to Total little learner's who were running a road safety campaign and were giving away a resource pack. I registered and applied for the pack but was told they had run out.
A few months later I got an email that stated if I down load a logo I could win a safety pack. So I did, assuming if I won I would be asked how many were in my setting but no!!! I received an email last week advising me I had won - Woop Woop!!! I never win anything!! But.......but.....I have won 200 rucksacks torches and refective bands!!! Don't know whether to laugh or cry!!!! I currently only have 4 in my setting!! :laughing: :panic: :laughing: :panic:
Guess I should have read the small print!!
Jess

ajs
24-01-2011, 04:46 PM
ooops, but they would be good if you go to a group as a gift for the children

snufflepuff
24-01-2011, 04:50 PM
:laughing: That's hilarious!

Jess214
24-01-2011, 04:50 PM
I thought of that - there's around 30 children I was also going to give some to the local Pre school which is another 60 but I'm still left with over 100. Bazaarly... the local school won't take them for my daughter's year as they will only take them if I have enough for every child in the school! I think I might just give any excess to the local Sure Start centre.

Pipsqueak
24-01-2011, 05:32 PM
oh that is classic:laughing: :laughing:

how a local brownies/cubs pack or a church group.

miffy
24-01-2011, 05:44 PM
Advertise them on here (check with d'boss first)

Miffy xx

sandy64
24-01-2011, 06:01 PM
lol i won that to got email last week now waiting for 200 rucksacks but its great i can give to dd nursery other c.m etc etc etc lol:laughing: :laughing: im sure between the 2 of us we can share with our friends here:)

Jess214
24-01-2011, 10:18 PM
Glad I wasn't the only one then!! The email said they were being dispatched within the month so watch this space!!!!

jo.jo76
24-01-2011, 10:44 PM
Wish I'd of known about that competition, my son goes through an average of 1 rucksack a term since being at secondary school! LOL!!

Annie_T
24-01-2011, 11:06 PM
lol :laughing:
looks liek you could be selling them on hun (i think i would) x

ZoeAlli
24-01-2011, 11:27 PM
Lol!! DH suggested e-bay, for any extras?

sandy64
25-01-2011, 12:34 PM
Wish I'd of known about that competition, my son goes through an average of 1 rucksack a term since being at secondary school! LOL!!

lol they arrived this morning dont think your son would wear the bag its a lovely small size great for keeping reflective bands and torch in and nappies and a change of clothes for lo, bags are aimed for under 5's id say fantastic prize:)

charlie potato
25-01-2011, 01:10 PM
Thats fair tickled me. :laughing: my other half says get them on ebay. xx

Pauline
25-01-2011, 01:20 PM
Advertise them on here (check with d'boss first)

Miffy xx

If I could have a few for prizes and you sell the rest, then why not :D

(Check the small print of the competition though, make sure there is nothing to say they are not for resale. :))

ORKSIE
25-01-2011, 02:28 PM
OooooooPs
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Jess214
25-01-2011, 03:23 PM
Yep, I returned from playgroup this morning to find I couldn't get in my porch for the boxes. The children have been playing all afternoon with the torches and reflective bands 'going underground!' So much for my burns night planning!!
I have spoke to my local nursery and pre-school and between the two of them I have managed to get rid of them whilst leaving me with a few spare for my own kids and I have won enough brownie points from them both that when I have vacancies they are going to advertise my spaces! Everyone's a winner!!

sandy64
25-01-2011, 05:34 PM
my kids have had a fab time with torches today im supplying my dd nursery all local c.m and friends and will put some in loft for a few yrs but will have at least 70 left so if you want some for prizes pauline let me no i could make money selling lol:laughing: :laughing: but im being kind if any one lives near feel free to ask. as cant get in playroom for boxs:) im glad youre enjoying them to jess:)