PDA

View Full Version : what to put....

BlondeMoment
24-01-2011, 04:29 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm just updating my policies and I want to bring one in for late payments. I've tried polite reminders and stuff but it's not working anymore and I need to get tough.
What do yours say?

Lisa x x x

kirstya
24-01-2011, 05:12 PM
Hi!

Mine is part of my fees policy and says:

I work as a registered childminder as I love caring for children and supporting their development, however it is my chosen career and business. I have bills and expenses to meet each month and therefore require a regular income. I would, therefore, be grateful if you could ensure that you are prompt in paying your monthly invoice.

If I have not received payment within 5 days of the due date, I will issue you with a polite reminder. If I have still not received payment by the 7th day following the original invoice I reserve the right to make an additional charge ‘Late payment Fee’ of £5 per day, as per our contract, to cover any bank charges I may have incurred. If at this point I still have not received payment I reserve the right to seek legal advice from the National Childminding Association’s Solicitors.

If you have had a change in personal circumstances and are now struggling to make payments, please let me know so we can make suitable arrangements.

Hope that makes sense!! :)

BlondeMoment
24-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Sounds very similar to what I had down so far. Jst added the nice bit at the end about if they're struggling :)
Thanks x x x