PDA

View Full Version : Complaints Procedure Scotland

katyb
23-01-2011, 09:15 PM
Hello - I'm due my first visit from the Care Commission on Fri 28th Jan. and they want to know my Complaints procedure, but I can't find very much info on the web. I know what common sense says but that is not necessarily enough. Help please!
Katyb

Pauline
23-01-2011, 09:38 PM
Hi Katy

I can't answer your question but will just move your post to the Care Commission section, where I hope you will get more replies :thumbsup:

sarah707
24-01-2011, 08:25 AM
Use the wording from the Standards to commit to dealing with complaints appropriately...

7 If you make an enquiry or a complaint, staff will deal with it efficiently and effectively and provide full information about what will happen as a result of the complaint. You will not be penalised in any way by the service if you have made a complaint. You can talk to staff in private.

You then need to write a complaints procedure.

Here are some ideas taken from my 'Childminding in Scotland' e-book which I hope you find useful :D

You will receive a low grading at your inspection if you do not have a complaints policy, procedure and complaints book.
State how you will deal with a complaint and include the statutory requirements where appropriate.
A childminder recently asked me – what about making my own complaints form? I could use pictures perhaps... believe me, if you receive a complaint which you have to inform the Care Commission about, the last thing you are worried about is what the form looks like!
You also need to let parents know how to make a complaint against you.

Alibali
24-01-2011, 02:29 PM
Good advice from Sarah, you need to include on your policy detaild of care commission for complaints and you also need to include a time scale to state when and how you will deal with complaint, ie verbal within so many days and written within so many days.

Also parents need to know they can go directly to CC with a complaint without telling you first, but you would hope to be able to deal with all complaints to a satisfactory standard.