PDA

View Full Version : SSAFA check

nicola1981
23-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Hi my husband is in the navy and we need to complete one of these checks. Does anyone know what it involved and how long they take?

susislittlestar
23-01-2011, 09:46 PM
hi there, we had one done to and it took well over 4 month if i remember rite, but ours got lost so had to start all over again:-( good luck hopefully urs will be quicker xx

Carpet Monkeys
23-01-2011, 10:10 PM
Hi we had one done and it took quite a while - about 8 weeks I think! But there again it took just as long for our CRB checks to come back, so we weren't hanging around waiting for the SSAFA check!

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
24-01-2011, 10:34 AM
hi my husbands in the army and we lived in germany for five years before moving back to England, so we had to completed one of these and they want to know things like.

His unit address, your married quarter address, dates we lived there. If he went on tor the dates and address aswell.

I think we had 8 different addresses for the 5 years.

All they are doing is checking that you or your husband didnt get arressted with either the militry police or the police in that country.

Some peoples can come back qucikly others not so quick, it depends where youve lived.

Ofsted allowed me start childminding before i had mine back as i had our CRBS however when my firend asked to do this Ofstead said it wasnt allowed.

nicola1981
24-01-2011, 10:22 PM
thank ou for ypur help, hopefully it wonr delay the process