PDA

View Full Version : everything went well!!

kats
17-04-2008, 09:40 PM
Hi, i had my visit today from the surestart team, it went really well she was major impressed,didnt have any children today but i set the room out as i would if they were coming she said it was so good she would have no doubts about leaving her little boy with me!! There were a couple of things she picked up on, i dont have the fire blanket fastened to the wall and i need to give a copy to the parents when i fill in the existing injury book, i had just been getting parents to sign but she said that isnt good enough.Most of the things she was pleased with were things i've learned on here. I feel a little bit more confident about my first ofsted inspection now, whenever thats going to be
kats
xxxxx :)

Blaze
17-04-2008, 09:43 PM
Glad it went well!:clapping:
Blaze:)

miffy
17-04-2008, 09:45 PM
Well done - pleased it went well for you

miffy xx

buildingblocks
17-04-2008, 10:19 PM
There were a couple of things she picked up on, i dont have the fire blanket fastened to the wall and i need to give a copy to the parents when i fill in the existing injury book, i had just been getting parents to sign but she said that isnt good enough.xxxxx :)

If parents do not want copies of accident forms (I have one who deosn't) ust get them to sign a slip saying this. I don't give out copies of exisiting injury forms as they are there for me and this wasn't a problem with Ofsted

angeldelight
17-04-2008, 10:21 PM
Glad it went well for you

Angel xx

Twinkles
17-04-2008, 10:23 PM
Glad it went well :thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
18-04-2008, 08:03 AM
Thats good it all went well, it gives you lots of extra confidence and at least someone can point you in the right direction.

Keep up the good work and now you can look forward to your inspection!!!

sarah707
18-04-2008, 08:10 AM
i need to give a copy to the parents when i fill in the existing injury book, i had just been getting parents to sign but she said that isnt good enough. kats xxxxx :)

Sometimes, I think they make these things up as they go along! :rolleyes:

I've never given parents a copy of existing injuries form... they can have one if they want one, but they don't so I don't waste the paper and ink!

Well done for such a positive visit and thank you for sharing :D

kats
18-04-2008, 01:20 PM
Thanks everyone, from what you've all said my existing injury book is ok ,so what are they going on about,im gonna leave it as it is
kats xx:)

sarah707
18-04-2008, 01:23 PM
Just make a note somewhere in one of your policies (safeguarding probably best) that you are happy to photocopy any paperwork including incident, accident, contracts, existing injuries etc for parents! :D

deeb66
18-04-2008, 07:02 PM
Glad to hear that it all went well

well done!

buildingblocks
18-04-2008, 07:38 PM
Jusst out of interest why would a surestart team be visitin gyou or are they the Early Years team in your area. In 5 years of minding I have had nothing to do with Surestart in fact I can't take my mindees to anything of theirs locally as none are my children

jaja
18-04-2008, 07:51 PM
I have never had any visit or contact with sure start either, do they do a visit just in certain parts of the country? Am in lincolnshire, or did they just miss me out? :( never mind.

jen

buildingblocks
18-04-2008, 09:34 PM
I have never had any visit or contact with sure start either, do they do a visit just in certain parts of the country? Am in lincolnshire, or did they just miss me out? :( never mind. jen

I wouldn't worry about it. A parent of mine has had SureStart to visit as she lives in a SureStart area and she was not impressed they came to check she had all the right bits and pieces when she had her two and a half year old. They were slightly concerned about the state of the stairgate in her hallway and gave her a long lecture about it. The reason being it was broken and not secured to the wall properly.

Why was she not impressed because the stairgate was there purely to stop the dog from going upstairs but they didn't comment on the fact that her stairs had no bannister at the the side of it (so an open drop - even I hate going upstairs at her house lol) and babies brother was almost three but htey weren't concerned about this!!!!

Tatia
19-04-2008, 07:44 AM
I think Surestart is the umbrealla under which most Early Years teams fall. In our area, for instance, there's CIS (children's info service), PSLA (pre-school learning alliance - like NCMA for pre-schools), NCMA (who are contracted to do the Surestart network) and a whole host of others (like training officers, outreach workers and such). They all work from one set of offices, as a team. I think they're brilliant.

Buildingblocks, do you have any local children's centres? Because they are required (as part of their funding) to create links with childminders. We attend stay-and-play sessions, use the toy lending library and I run my drop-in group from there. Plus they advertise for us, too.

Tatia
19-04-2008, 07:48 AM
Kats, I'm sorry! I forgot to say congratulations. The things she mentioned are just small and can be corrected easily so well done you! I got pulled up once for not having my fire blanket on the wall, either. As for incident forms, I always give a copy but then, I use the NCMA book and it has carbon copies. They just get the pink one, I keep the white on in my book. I'd hate to have to print out two pages if you used your own forms.

emler
19-04-2008, 07:49 AM
Well done - I'm glad everything went well

Emler x

Noodles
19-04-2008, 09:42 AM
:clapping: Glad to hear everything went well for you