PDA

View Full Version : SUNCREAM - Us or the child to apply ?

Muckypups
23-01-2011, 05:30 PM
My permission forms state permission for me to apply but why do i now think they have to do it themselves or come with it already applied ???? Surely a 1 year old here all day in the summer cant be expected to do their own yet they would burn in afternoon if i didnt re apply ?

rickysmiths
23-01-2011, 05:37 PM
I apply if it is required. Schools / pre-schools ask for suncream to be applied because it would take ages for them to apply cream to 20-30 children. We only have 1 or 2 to do.

I ask my parents to provide Sun Cream in a labelled bottle/tube. On my permissions form I have permission to apply it and permission to use cream I will supply, suitable for babies and children of a factor not less than 40. Then if they forget to put it in the bag I can apply cream. It also encourages them to provide a high factor cream when they see what I would use.

Chatterbox Childcare
23-01-2011, 05:47 PM
Have written permission to apply. I have my parents supplying their own or I would have lots of different factors in the house and if there was a reaction it isn't my fault

babs
23-01-2011, 06:01 PM
i have written permission to apply suncream parents provide i also have permission to apply my own if they forget, factor 40 or above i only ever buy lower factor for me and hubby all kids have same high factor....

Chimps Childminding
23-01-2011, 06:17 PM
I am the same. Permission to apply cream they supply, but can also apply my own (factor 40 min) if they forget to put it in. Though I don't advertise that as they would all "forget" to put it in :D

sillysausage
23-01-2011, 07:15 PM
Definitely permission to apply the suncream for all mindees. Even school age children can need help. I think it is one of those things where you have to help children for as long as it takes for you to be confident that they can do it properly themselves. Also you need to bear in mind that girls often wear strappy tops plus all kids might wear swimwear in the garden in summer and they will probably all need help doing their backs.
If I'm wearing a strappy top in summer I have to ask a mindee to help me reach that middle bit between my shoulders! particularly now as one DS has left home and the other is often out himself. Mindees usually think this is great fun!
LO's like to try and put their own on but tend to rub it in small areas eg top of arms and front of legs but forget the backs.