PDA

View Full Version : What do you do with a new starter ?

Muckypups
23-01-2011, 05:14 PM
I have not had a new starter for 4 years as all my minded children ( 6 of ) I have had for over 4 years - 1 girl for 6 years !!
I am just about to take on a new child and am not sure what forms i need to have completed by the parent.

I have

Contract
Child Record form
Various Permission Forms
Record of childs individual needs - a bit like a child record form but more in depth about toilet habbits, food, dressing etc....
List of Policies on single sheet to be ticked and signed

Is there anything I am missing ?

Thanks Ladies

Polly2
23-01-2011, 05:22 PM
That sounds about right to me! Hope it goes well :thumbsup:

Muckypups
23-01-2011, 05:26 PM
Thanks hun :-) Sure they will be something Ive forgot though - just nagging in the back f my head but Im sure I have the most important info .

Minstrel
23-01-2011, 07:24 PM
Starting points?

mufftie
23-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Starting points?

i put them in the lj when i do my first starting obs on them

Minstrel
23-01-2011, 07:36 PM
i put them in the lj when i do my first starting obs on them

I've always been told that this is something the parents to fill out. So for instance a parent could inform you their baby can roll over so you know this before you begin to care for them. (so you didn't have an accident with them).

Also helps in beginning your 'working in partnership with parents' relationship!

mufftie
23-01-2011, 07:41 PM
i guess that would be an idea aswel , never thought of it like that maybe thats a new form i need to draft up :idea:

being registered before eyfs ive not been told a thing :blush:

Minstrel
23-01-2011, 07:43 PM
i guess that would be an idea aswel , never thought of it like that maybe thats a new form i need to draft up :idea:

:laughing: Sorry didn't mean to give you more work! I have two.... one for babies (say up to 2) and one for toddlers. Older children- i ask them to write me a letter to tell me what they like, can do, would like to learn, etc etc

MaffAnna
23-01-2011, 09:01 PM
Don't forget the parental responsibility form! Unless it's included in ur child record forms, obviously!:)

Sara T
23-01-2011, 10:22 PM
Permission for photographs, EYFS obs, assessment and discussions with other professionals, parental responsibility, safeguarding children advice, travel in transport other than yours, leaving with another person (could be in an emergency or if you have a relief childminder)

this advice was given to me by one of the other members when I was asking a few weeks back!

Sara :)