PDA

View Full Version : nvq advise please!!

chelle
17-04-2008, 09:26 PM
I am wanting to do my NVQ 3 but was wondering wether i had to do my NVQ 2 first or should there be another course that i have to do before them?? not really sure about this sort of thing, but i thought while i'm not busy i could be doing some, was also thinking about doing a child protection course to, please help!! :blush:

Pipsqueak
17-04-2008, 09:27 PM
You should be able to go straight in and do a Level 3

I would have a chat with your dev.officer and/or ask your CIS for the area training manual and see whats on offer

chubbymummy
17-04-2008, 09:29 PM
i went straight into my nvq3 without doing my level 2 so you should be ok

miffy
17-04-2008, 09:29 PM
Childminding is a level3 job because you are working alone - you don't usually have to do the level 2 first although you can if you want to break into it gently

If you are going to do a college based course then ring the college for help and your early years department for funding

miffy xx

chelle
17-04-2008, 09:39 PM
Childminding is a level3 job because you are working alone - you don't usually have to do the level 2 first although you can if you want to break into it gently

If you are going to do a college based course then ring the college for help and your early years department for funding

miffy xx

i was thinking of doing the college one but money is tight i will ring the early years and ask about that thanks miffy. :thumbsup:

sarah707
18-04-2008, 07:07 AM
I did mine home study - no way could I have been sure of getting to college every week. I helped out in my local school 1 day a week for a while to get extra evidence, but if you are minding a range of children, you shouldn't need to do that...

have you got a development officer? S/he should help and there ought to be funding :D

miffy
18-04-2008, 07:09 AM
I did mine home study - no way could I have been sure of getting to college every week. I helped out in my local school 1 day a week for a while to get extra evidence, but if you are minding a range of children, you shouldn't need to do that...

have you got a development officer? S/he should help and there ought to be funding :D

I only went to college one evening a week for a term - the rest was done at home

With this NVQ there are parts that you choose which age group you study in depth so childminding fits in beautifully

miffy xx

nell57
18-04-2008, 07:55 AM
I went straight on to level 3, but some other childminders in my area started with level 2 not sure why. I had to go college every week for the last year, just had bank holidays off, which was a bit of a bind, even in school hols.

I did mine through the early years and the transformation fund, which I believe is called another name now, not sure what but will try find out later. So its probably best to get in contact with you development officer for advice on that.

Good luck with yours

Helen

chelle
18-04-2008, 06:34 PM
Thanks everyone i think i will stick to doing the NVQ3 :D XX

Rubybubbles
18-04-2008, 06:39 PM
I did level 3 from home and didn't have to go anywhere they allways came out to me! But it was very lonely doing it this way:(

hope you find your funding hun